Best looking Juvenile American Cichlid.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Red shoulder severum, convict, green terror, sajica, ellioti, Oscars are some juveniles I think are best
I forgot about oscars nothing cuter than a baby oscar. severums are also cute. Baby texas and flower horns always grab my attention.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
*Oscars* JDs, any acara type (so cute and chubby!), tiny jewels (not American, but...) thorichthys sp. australaheros sp.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Baby Oscars are soo cute! Baby Dempseys are nice looking too!
Here is my baby Dempsey
uploadfromtaptalk1410845088350.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

raymondk394

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
san bernadino
I like the earth eaters as juvies and the electric blue Jack Dempsey allot of the other cichlid are that same gray color as juvies

Sent from my SGH-T599N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reel Em In AquaticTrading

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Blackburn, England
Thanks for all the replies guys, sorry it's taken a while to get back to you all been really busy with the birth of my second daughter. Just been trying to catch up on sleep when ever I can lol. I taken four Jack Dempsey's and Four Red Devil Juvies out my stock tanks and into my show tank along with around 12 Bristlenose pleco Juvies. Looks very nice but what is standing out the most has to be the Dempsey's. After keeping large Dempsey's in the past I couldn't help but notice a characteristic that has been on show with a specific pair. They have paired off and are really holding an area to themselves. Thought I would let you all know with how young they are I found it unusual but very interesting. I'd say they are no bigger than 2 inch LOL. They have gone a really nice dark colour, green/blue scales are looking beautiful. Male is swimming elegantly up to her and slapping her and so forth. She then proceeds to turn around and do the same. I also noticed the male is slightly larger, has a pointed dorsal fin, whereas the females dorsal fin is slightly rounder, and she has less colour along the body but more around the cheeks. Just goes to show that in some cases, the old fashioned way of sexing them is still very much useful despite line breeding getting rid of most of these characteristics. Here's a picture of the male showing off to the female. (You can just make her out behind the flash.)Dempsey Advert Pic.jpg

Dempsey Advert Pic.jpg

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Juvenile Oscar is good looking and cute, always swimming at a 45 degree angle begging for food. But adult Oscar is ugly and boring with over sized eyes and undersized head on a big body.

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Juvenile Oscar is good looking and cute, always swimming at a 45 degree angle begging for food. But adult Oscar is ugly and boring with over sized eyes and undersized head on a big body.
Yeah i agree with oscars being ugly when old but the reason I said oscars is because people see them at young age and think it would be perfect for there 10 gallon tank and then they give em back but loads of people buy them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store