banjo catfish

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Wow. Did you measure you banjo while you had it out? I also noticed she has perfect fins. She doesn't fight with her tankmates? Mine have been tattered lately I believe due to fighting amongst themselves(8 pieces). Their only tankmates are goldfish so I ruled them out. I'm not aware of any fish shows here in the west asides from flowerhorn shows. I'd be worried about my fish if I had to leave it over night somewhere. The pleco is ultra bright as well, I like. Anyhow nice update, and Gratz on the wins.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

WarrendaFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2009
Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Wow. Did you measure you banjo while you had it out? I also noticed she has perfect fins. She doesn't fight with her tankmates? Mine have been tattered lately I believe due to fighting amongst themselves(8 pieces). Their only tankmates are goldfish so I ruled them out. I'm not aware of any fish shows here in the west asides from flowerhorn shows. I'd be worried about my fish if I had to leave it over night somewhere. The pleco is ultra bright as well, I like. Anyhow nice update, and Gratz on the wins.

Thanks Cali.. She's around 10" her only tank mates are another female and a male eel tail in a 33 long so there's lots of space for them.

Mr. Mom

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Alberta
Big congrats on the awards Warrendafish ... unfortunately our household has been flipped upside down lately ... a few unexpected deaths all close together. Just doing what I can to maintain tanks while we deal with m8re pressing matters.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mr. Mom

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Alberta
Thanks you guys ... first it was my father (58yrs) surprise passing, then it was my brother-in-law (45yrs) a few weeks afterwards. Neither of which live nearby. So my wife and I had to go our ways to attend to our affairs ... the kids came with me as my family is in our country, just a different province. (she's from the Philippines). Fortunately we haven't lost anything fish wise, longest stretch away was 2 1/2 weeks. Did w/c's every return. But the plants took a beating. Only have a timer on 1 of 4 tanks ... but even that tank was hurting due to lack of liquid ferts.
Not much to report tank wise and/or banjo wise. It's nice sitting and watching the Banjo's feed with the blue light on at night ... they're never visible with the light on, except for the 2 eel tails.
Currently working/attempting to build a palaudarium that my 10yr old and I have been talking about for a year now. It's giving us something to do together as we put our household back together. It's been a tough year on him ... as this has been his introduction on death (a few months previous, a close family friend committed suicide as well).

One thing on the Banjo Tank ... that has hit a snag. We've realized the hornwort won't cut it either on the left side of the tank. What's some viable choices plant wise to attach to the wood there to provide shade for the base of the tank. It's gotta survive higher current (directly below filter outflow) and decent light .... Hornwort is no good, Java Moss went out of control and Anubias develop algae under this light (Fluval LED 5200k).

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I'm not so savy plant wise Mr.

Update: I did a major cleaning the other week and noticed my banjos have been fighting. Some had torn dorsals and anal fins. I believe my tank setup had the decor too much to one side and since they were clustered there they fought a lot? This is just a guess though. Also of note, of the 12 pieces I have, 3 have not grown at all. These are all either 1-3 years old, I purchase them whenever they pop up on list. I wonder if they are stunted or if the males are just small like this, they look all male. Anyhow I moved the 3 into another tank in the meanwhile and hope they bulk up over the next few weeks.

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1417409246.282412.jpg

On the previous photo, I added a few silk plants and spread the river stones across the tank more. Now the banjos are all around the tank.

Apologies, mobile app is being weird about the photo uploads.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store