Pink Pacu Pictures

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
look at the pic (white guy & glasses) -- looks bloody red!! very nice.

man, wish I had the resources to go to the amazons & find new species of fish.... I'm dreaming now..
Yeah that would be a dream vacation/excursion. Traveling to the Amazon the last couple of decades has been increasing.

I grabbed a few screen shots of the scene where he caught the Pink Pacu.
I agree there doesnt seem to be much around for info on them. Perhaps they're 'Myleus pacu'?View attachment 787078View attachment 787079View attachment 787080View attachment 787081View attachment 787082View attachment 787083
I think this thread has more information currently than another site. We're going to have to import a shipment of these Pacu and change that. Thanks for the extra pictures.

hmmmm my bet is wes for the first to import
Totally I'm for that I just hope a shipment makes it to California and I can buy a couple.

I second that...lol
Lets pull some strings and see if we can put a shipment together.

Pacothepacu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Middleboro, Massachusetts
I think this thread has more information currently than another site. We're going to have to import a shipment of these Pacu and change that. Thanks for the extra pictures.

Totally I'm for that I just hope a shipment makes it to California and I can buy a couple.

Lets pull some strings and see if we can put a shipment together.
My pleasure.
I'd def be down with getting one myself.
All my family members said the same thing when I showed them the pic's..
"When are you getting one?"

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
I believe these are Mylesinus sp. There was a discussion about them on WW with Seiichi a few years ago. A google of rainbow pacu should find it for you, don't think I can link to WW here.

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Nice fish! I just love pecock bass!

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Bump!! Has anyone ever seen these Pink Pacu for sale?

petchj

Feeder Fish
Sep 17, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

The Pink Pacu photo's are from my website!

As far as I know (at the moment) these Pacu are only to be found in the River Rewa between Corona and the next set of falls - Clatterback which is also the local Guyanese name for these fish. If anyone has any more info on these then please post it - The only other info I can give is that the weed that they live on is inhabited by small red worms, and I am told that when taken for food it is common to find a small ball of these worms alive in the guts, so it could be colouration from their food?

Cheers

John

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Hi Folks,

The Pink Pacu photo's are from my website!

As far as I know (at the moment) these Pacu are only to be found in the River Rewa between Corona and the next set of falls - Clatterback which is also the local Guyanese name for these fish. If anyone has any more info on these then please post it - The only other info I can give is that the weed that they live on is inhabited by small red worms, and I am told that when taken for food it is common to find a small ball of these worms alive in the guts, so it could be colouration from their food?

Cheers

John
John

Thanks for posting more information.

Jeremy

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
While it could be a Myleus species yet to be properly described. It's currently listed as being a fully mature Myleus schomburgkii. Here's a maturing schomb. displaying a widening red coloration:

myleus.jpg

The name Myleus pacu (pacubeba - local native name) is the original labeling the specimen received upon it's discovery in the 1840's.

myleuspacu.jpg

myleus.jpg

myleuspacu.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store