turn heater off when cleaning your aquarium.

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
i had a marineland stealth heater blow up in my tank, it was full of water and i hadn't done a water change to cause it. i was actually sitting on the couch watching tv and it sounded like what you'd imagine a grenade going off under water, a muffled *KRUMP* sound.

then again, they did have a recall on them for that reason.

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
I took mine out last week! I'm mailing the two I have for cash.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
i had that one pictured above, as well as 2 others, i believe two were 250w's and one was a 300w. i could be mistaken. i returned them and picked up some 300w eheim jagers.

kodzzz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2010
sg
i had that one pictured above, as well as 2 others, i believe two were 250w's and one was a 300w. i could be mistaken. i returned them and picked up some 300w eheim jagers.
Yes Ehieim Jagers, but dun forget to get the heater guard as well just incase your ray decide to check it out and get burn.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Ya I didnt unplug my heater when I was doing my 50% water changes on my old 29 gallon and out of no where I just hear a huge bang and then I look up and there is just bits of the heater everywhere (little rubber one I got for like $30) and I just saw like a little spark then I immediately unplugged everything and turned it off. Luckily nothing was in the tank and it was a turtle tank and the turtles were in my outdoor play pool I set up for them (with my mom) not alone but I learned a lesson and now I use glass heaters

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Ya I didnt unplug my heater when I was doing my 50% water changes on my old 29 gallon and out of no where I just hear a huge bang and then I look up and there is just bits of the heater everywhere (little rubber one I got for like $30) and I just saw like a little spark then I immediately unplugged everything and turned it off. Luckily nothing was in the tank and it was a turtle tank and the turtles were in my outdoor play pool I set up for them (with my mom) not alone but I learned a lesson and now I use glass heaters

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I know witch heater you are talking about. they aqugon pros are not bad. I use on in my sisters(should be mine because i take care of it) res aquarium. Glass heaters break too so don't think that the aqugon pro was bad because it broke. They are good for fish like pacus and Oscars ect who break things a lot. It is also good for turtles because a turtle could break a glass heater.

mrblah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
earth
just put the heater at the bottom of the tank or put it in the sump. problem solved. or, spend a little more money and pick up a titanium heater

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store