My first ray! Impulse buy... Can ya blame me?

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
I bought her at the Ark in Ames. She is doing great after feeding her >$50 worth of blackworms. Now she is eating small "pan fish" worms. Can barely see her hip bones anymore:) The Ark was the only lfs that I had any respect for and now I have none. They have lied to me, argued with me, and ripped me off all with a smile and Christian music playin in the background.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Oh yeah, I bought her a friend as well. Another female retic. The guy with 200g tank sold tank out from under me but because he felt bad, he gave me a stellar deal on this juvie, $35. They seem to get along rather well. I am considering buying a male Hystrix now :-D

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
I bought her at the Ark in Ames. She is doing great after feeding her >$50 worth of blackworms. Now she is eating small "pan fish" worms. Can barely see her hip bones anymore:) The Ark was the only lfs that I had any respect for and now I have none. They have lied to me, argued with me, and ripped me off all with a smile and Christian music playin in the background.
That's where I thought you bought it. I really like the people there but I have noticed some changes. Like I said...I even call them out on it too. They don't try to BS me but I am probably a lot more well-informed than their average customer. And I don't care what kind of music they play but they can turn it down a little. It's always turned way up.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
I was just commenting on how they conduct business while giving the impression that they are godly.

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
Good luck and best wishes. Just feed as much as possible. I too had mine on gavel at 1st but sand is much better gives some cushion. Keep your water on point temp and chemistry wise and try as many prey items as you can find i.e. river shrimp,blood worms, night crawlers both type etc.

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
it looks to have death curl
Read the thread before commenting! This was a very malnourished ray when purchased and this guy has pretty much saved this ray's life with great care. You didn't even read the thread obviously and make some dumb comment in the end it's very insulting! Sorry to hijack your thread there Mr. Allgood but lord some people.... Just frustrate the hell out of me!

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
Read the thread before commenting! This was a very malnourished ray when purchased and this guy has pretty much saved this ray's life with great care. You didn't even read the thread obviously and make some dumb comment in the end it's very insulting! Sorry to hijack your thread there Mr. Allgood but lord some people.... Just frustrate the hell out of me!
Why don't you say what you really think? ;)

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
It all good. Thank you for defending me :) There are many people out there that don't know jack and have no business here which frustrates the educated, creating short tempers and quick judgement. I will post some pics soon. She looks much better!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store