Beamswork LEDs or Get a T5?

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
My LEDs just arent cutting it for me anymore. I feel like they turn everything blinding white in my tank. The gravel is tan outside then it looks freakin white in my tank. Also for some reason my water always looks a bit cloudy when I know its not at all. I have put a florescent up and it looks clear. It also doesnt seem to spread the light very well either. Up close to the front my bass look great but there are so many dead spots where their colors dont even show.

Share some Cichla pics with your T5 lighting and Im open to suggestions for my 180 gallon.

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
I don't have cichla but I have a beemswork and a aqueon modular led . I picked up the color max bulbs for the aqueon and there is no comparison. Much nicer color in my fish then the beemswork. Very noticeable on my carpintis , jds, and gts.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Good to know. The beamswork are bright just not effective IMO. My 50 gallon with regualr old florecent always looked so good like there was no water in there. With my big tank and beams work not so much. You can see everything, every little particle. That sounds like a good thing but I dont like it lol.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
That is a incredible difference haha

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
That is a incredible difference haha

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The aqueon holds 3 bulbs. I have one empty spot. I'm going to add a second color max. That should look even better. The satellite LEDs are nice also you can adjust color settings. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store