koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Bump for a great guy, glws those nice fish prices are AMAZING too
PS if no one gets the tapajos u can get rid of that tapajos pike just give and ship him to me!!! Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks man! I try on the prices many times asking for half what I paid for them but even so it's hard to sell in the Tri State area seems no one is interested. I may have to reconsider my priorities and consider shipping as much as I loathe to. Matter of fact I may create a thread or ask some of the other Mods if they have any experience shipping and their feelings as it's just too hard to sell these guys locally.

By the way those who pm'ed me asking about shipping, if I do decide to ship I'll pm you letting you know.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Kolt how aggressive is the pike? I have had to rehome the last couple I have had for not being able to work in mixed tanks... if he is sorta mellow I may be interested. Let me know.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I have 3 Tapajos I pikes, 1 male, 1 female both around 7 inches and an unknown sex around 4 inches all of them very mild.

The 4 inch Tapajos is kept with Siniperca Scherzeri, Electric Blue Acaras, Ptychromis Tarantsy an Afer and some Tetragonopterus with no issues at all. The Electric Blue Acaras where actually more aggressive then the Pike but they where a pair and trying to breed. Other then that the Pike ignored everyone. No chasing, nipped fins or signs of aggression at all.

The 7 inch pair(not bonded just a male and female) are in a tank with 2/8-9inch female Tocantins Pikes, 2/5-6 inch Red Spot Sevs, 6inch NGT, 5 Geo Abalios and they ignore everyone except each other. The 2 female Tocantins did beat up on my female Tapajos so she's got pin marks all over her head but they get along fine with the male Tapajos and none of the pikes bother the Red Spots or Geos. Again no chasing, nipped fins or any signs of aggression.

The Tapajos are all taking pellets as well as shrimp. Thus far they've been being fed Kens 4mm Krill Pellets. Only the Tocantins have resisted, eating only live.

From what I've seen Tapajos 1 are nowhere near as aggressive as Atabapo 1 pikes which can be real nasty.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Hit me up I'll give you a crash course on shipping bro. Its really not as daunting a task as you may think.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I call dibs on the Tapajos if you decide to ship. Some LFS might be able to ship for you. First in order, GLWS locally.
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
No problem man, I was definitely going to make you first on the list since you definitely where the first to ask.

Hit me up I'll give you a crash course on shipping bro. Its really not as daunting a task as you may think.
Thanks a lot for the offer, it's much appreciated; I'll send you a pm.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I hope so too. Bump, all fish still for sale also want to mention I will take trades, fish I'm interested in are Armatus, Curupira, Red Shoulder Sevs but they should be at least 4 inches and I'd also be interested in large Herichthys Pearsei around 10 inches.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
NGT's Sold and 4 inch Tapajos Pike pending.... Also have 1 female Tocantins Pike around 9-10 inches $100 hasn't been pellet or even frozen food trained(very stubborn fish) and 1 female Tapajos I pike around 7 inches $105 is pellet trained taking 4mm pellets. Don't wind up kicking yourself someday when you decide to buy one of these rare pikes and realize they're $150-$175 each plus shipping, grab them now while yo can get them for $50-$70 off and at a nice size. Geos are also still available price is now $50 for all 5, that's $10 a piece for a 5 inch fish who sell for about that at 1.5 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store