how do ya'll clean your filter socks ?

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
I just figured warmer water would help it peel off easier from inside of the socks, prolly best to turn em inside out then I t don't think I really wanna use bleach lol maybe hydrogen peroxide but that's only if they don't out clean clean after washing with water only ...

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I just figured warmer water would help it peel off easier from inside of the socks, prolly best to turn em inside out then I t don't think I really wanna use bleach lol maybe hydrogen peroxide but that's only if they don't out clean clean after washing with water only ...
You can get the 30% hydrogen peroxide and any Hydroponics store. Way more potent than the pharmacy stuff and cheaper overall

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Bleach is not going to cause an issue you only use about a capful of it. I have stingray and have no problems with cleaning the socks with a bleach wash extra rinse cycle and nothing else.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I have done few things. I find that even used wash machine (WM) its not all clean and after 3 cleans of same socks you mine as well throw them away. Power wash does make the socks clean but I only did it 2 times and only weather permitted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store