Channa Pleurophthalma

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Hey, i saw a nandus nandus in there, just curious what do you feed yours? Mine only eats live worms, if you get it eating prepared foods, then how and how long did it take you?

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
very nice !!!
Thank you.

I would loooove some of these.
I'm glad that you like them.

Hey, i saw a nandus nandus in there, just curious what do you feed yours? Mine only eats live worms, if you get it eating prepared foods, then how and how long did it take you?
Yes, I got my Nandus Nandus eating krill and prawn; never pellets though. I started feeding them worms and eventually just starved them for about 6 weeks. They watched all of the other fish eating them and eventually joined in. Their diet was mostly insects, krill and occasional prawn.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
what are you shooting these with if you dont mind me asking?:)
After looking at your photos, as well as some other members, I decided to pick up a DSLR earlier this year. It's a Nikon D5100. It came with a 55-80mm and I picked up a 70-300mm Nikkor. I don't have an external flash, so I have to compensate with low shutter speeds and a large aperture. Sometimes, I take the light off of my 120g and add it just so I have a little more wiggle room with my settings. The high ISO that I have to use is killing me; usually 2000+. I'm going to pick up a flash when I get a chance.
If you have any tips, I'm happy to try them out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store