Building My 50,000 Gallon Monster Mega Tank

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
Maybe some MFK members in Japan and Singapore have them. I really wanted to perhaps find their source/supplier out of Burma.

I was told that their colour pattern is very nice and I believe stays that way better than those collected elsewhere. Do you know if that is true?
Yupp he wants $200.00 and only one left..
Yea I know but some lfs have diff fish like one is selling baby Florida gars at 3"

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
Yea I know but some lfs have diff fish like one is selling baby Florida gars at 3"

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Then im positive its not a batik. Not even likely a green. Probably a lei or jar

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Then im positive its not a batik. Not even likely a green. Probably a lei or jar
I agree. Probably Australian not a batik.

I understand that batik sell in the area of $3,000 each in Japan at the low end and since they are totally illegal in the USA the price would probably be more like $5,000 to 10,000 each.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Any chance of getting a picture?

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Welcome to MFK

I do it two ways.

Generally I have a constant supply of running water into the tank. By having an overflow the water is channelled to a pond where the water returns to the water table by seepage.

If We need to get into the tank to do maintenance or catch a fish etc. I drain the amount required in the pond by using the backflush or rinse cycle on the pumps.

Good_Times

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
South-Africa
Do any MFK members keep the species of Asian Arowana - Scleropages inscriptus ? I would like to add one to either this tank or the 15k.
Scleropages inscriptus, wait, that's the newly recognised species of aro, right?
I would be scared to add one to either of the big display's. 3000$ is an expensive meal.

Just hope that their native populations don't get over exploited like what happened to the Bala shark & Celestial pearl, or that their gene pools get weekend by trying to get some strange morph or just inbreeding.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Yes that's right. It is a new species with a stunning floral pattern. Did not know the bala sharks were in trouble. I guess the thousands that are being brought in must be pond bred/raised.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Yes that's right. It is a new species with a stunning floral pattern. Did not know the bala sharks were in trouble. I guess the thousands that are being brought in must be pond bred/raised.
Yes, they are pond raised with hormones extracted from carp. I think you need some big barbs in there :D Although balas would be too small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store