Chatuchak Bangkok - More fish than you can imagine

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Yeah but the nautilus aint like other fish is it?
Other fish are at least easier to take care of but a nautilus will not survive for long in captivity

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It's just like other fish. Minimum tank size for a 6" nautilus 36x18x24, the same for what a 6" Aro should be or a 6" TSN, as it the nautilus grows the tank is "supposed to get bigger" just as when the Aro and TSN get bigger, the tank is "supposed to get bigger", filtration is the same for most fish, double the filtration or more because of heavy bio-load. So they basically have the same husbandry as other fish we keep, so some will die because of poor husbandry just as fish do.

They also need a chiller, just as in some fish do that members house here.

All this info is available on the net, just as in the fish we all have in our tanks.

If this animal goes mainstream, meaning available anywhere and cheap, just like most of our fish, some will die and die for all the same reasons as the fish in our tanks. It's just part of owning a fish in an aquarium.

ichthusfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
southkorea,seoul/Texas
It's just like other fish. Minimum tank size for a 6" nautilus 36x18x24, the same for what a 6" Aro should be or a 6" TSN, as it the nautilus grows the tank is "supposed to get bigger" just as when the Aro and TSN get bigger, the tank is "supposed to get bigger", filtration is the same for most fish, double the filtration or more because of heavy bio-load. So they basically have the same husbandry as other fish we keep, so some will die because of poor husbandry just as fish do.

They also need a chiller, just as in some fish do that members house here.

All this info is available on the net, just as in the fish we all have in our tanks.

If this animal goes mainstream, meaning available anywhere and cheap, just like most of our fish, some will die and die for all the same reasons as the fish in our tanks. It's just part of owning a fish in an aquarium.
Yeah and think how many people will buy the equipments needed. Some animals just cant survive that long in captivity. Itll need moving ocean water and its feeding requirements differ from other fish

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ichthusfish,yes,in the states....One thing that was not mentioned in the previous posts about the chambered nautilus is that they live in very low depths in the ocean and bringing them up to the surface improperly is what dooms them for the most part.Also,being that they live at such depths,they are not accustomed to very much light which probably also adds to their stress levels when kept in aquariums...They are not new to the hobby,the one that I saw in a shop was almost twenty years ago and the good thing is there is not a big demand for them so collectors do not bother catching very many of them which is why we see so few of them turn up in shops.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I'm in the states. New pics will be out in 3-4 weeks and for 9 more months to come.

MonsterNelson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2011
Australia
I just came back from Bangkok myself, I visited this very same market... you have no idea how I feel to see so many exotics at such low prices(I'm Aussie).

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I'll be going to the market within the next two weeks, what all does everyone want to see?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store