Status
Not open for further replies.

tankbusterlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2006
Quebec,CAnada
Hi,

My uncle has been rushed to the hospital. I need to care for the animals the issue is that his dog is very protective. It won't let anyone enter the house. Is it a very big massive dog. I did not visit this uncle very much for the last 4 years.

I need to enter the house to feed the dog,bird and also get the keys to open the garage and feed the cats. I don't want him coming back from the hospital to a dead bird or something. Anyone have any tips on what i could do ?

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Entice the dog with some very good smelling food? It may be friendly if it sees you as a source of food (not yourself...well you get what i mean lol)

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Tell him when he gets out to socialize the dog more. Put him on speaker phone and have him tell the dog to sit and stay.:headbang2

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
Chances are that if the dog doesn't have any protection training then he won't do any thing, he's just un sure of what's going on and is standing his ground. Just walk in with confidence and don't let him know that you're afraid of him. What's kind of dog is it btw?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's like one of the things I miss about my Medusa.She would sit beside me and watch my visitors like a hawk and when they were ready to leave she would go off.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Is your uncle married or does anyone else live with him? If so have them go in, I wouldn't enter a premises without someone the dog knows. You could entice him with something like hot dogs and like previously said have your uncle on speaker. A dog doesn't need protection training to maul a intruder. What breed is it?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Tell him when he gets out to socialize the dog more. Put him on speaker phone and have him tell the dog to sit and stay.:headbang2
My big dog won't let a stranger enter the house if I'm not ok with it. But in public she minds her own. It's not a socialization problem.

I'm at loss at what you can do. If you can open the back door and lure him out. Have someone run into the front door and lock him in the back yard. That's what I would try.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
First off, I am sorry to hear your uncle is ill and hope he recovers well. As for the dog, if your uncle is unable to discuss the situation with you due to his medical condition, then you should probably hire or consult a dog trainer/behavorist to handle the dog. They may be able to give you better advice than myself or any forum member. Good luck

Sent while on the go...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Try contacting the animal control authorities in the area and explain to them that the dog is preventing you from caring for the group of animals while the owner is hospitalized.Maybe they can have someone come out and temporarily secure the dog.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
All joking aside and why ask fish nuts? Plain and simple is get the animal authorities(dog catcher) to take him out of the house and put him in the kennels until your uncle is better. But only if there is no other family members around that can control the dog. Wouldn't even think twice about and why risk getting bite. Sorry I have no patience for aggressive dogs as my niece was bitten by a pitbull. Aggessive dog eventully leads to a dog put to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store