Building iguana cage?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Why don't you use melanin for the sides, top and bottom to help keep humidity in and some acrylic for the front viewing window. That's how I build my snake cages

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Did you mispell it. When I searched melanin it related to something in the color of skin pigmentation

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
I agree with using something that will hold more humidity and yes wire is like a cheese grater at times. I will also say 18" isn't wide enough...

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I agree with using something that will hold more humidity and yes wire is like a cheese grater at times. I will also say 18" isn't wide enough...
I know it isn't but the red I'm getting is still a juvenile also the stand was already precut to a 75 or 90 gallon footprint. I plan on expanding it to a 6' cube once I can make space in my house.

Henryng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
singapore - yishun
You can also get free fiber glass sheet from tear down sliding door from renovation contractor. That sheet is even better than any wire. Use it for 3 side of your tank. At the bottom of the tank you can make a water tank for it to swim or stay in water with a side drainage hole to drain off dirty water. They like to stay in water at time.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
You can also get free fiber glass sheet from tear down sliding door from renovation contractor. That sheet is even better than any wire. Use it for 3 side of your tank. At the bottom of the tank you can make a water tank for it to swim or stay in water with a side drainage hole to drain off dirty water. They like to stay in water at time.
That's not a bad idea. I trained my old green iguanas to go potty in water I could do the same and run a canister filter to keep the water clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store