Black Flowerhorn?

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
^ that is just a pigment mutation, I've seen it happen in discus too.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Same thing happened to me. When I 1st got my Flowerhorn as a baby I tried him on black sand and this is what happened. As soon as I put light colored sand back in there he got his correct color back.

drrobertprice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manhattan, NYC
There are Black Flowerhorns I also have a 7 inch Black Kamfa male. It is thought that they may have Cuban Cichlid blood instead of Vieja. There is a wepage of Images of black Flowerhorns", however all except the little picture that comes from this site are dubiou. They are supposed to be dark purple-black.The half-black is apigment mutation.

I don't know anyone who has bred them so don't know if they breed true.

Prokenny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
Spain,Madrid.
There are Black Flowerhorns I also have a 7 inch Black Kamfa male. It is thought that they may have Cuban Cichlid blood instead of Vieja. There is a wepage of Images of black Flowerhorns", however all except the little picture that comes from this site are dubiou. They are supposed to be dark purple-black.The half-black is apigment mutation.

Hey robert,

Nice to see you here!

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas

Just throwing this out there but instead of even suggesting a cuban or something with a black pattern why not just a simple hard to find melanistic midas

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaefred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
vancouver,washington
uploadfromtaptalk1412316877342.jpg
Black flowerhorn of this guy on my instagram in china says its a sb kamfa but it doesn't look like one at all... but he jeeps alot of flowerhorns so idk what to think

Sent from my LG-LS970 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sci3ntific

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi I've kept varies species over the years and am generally quite experienced how ever I have never had flower horns. I bought a 1 inch juvenile about 5 month ago. He (I was assured it was a male FH) is now 4 inch and has absolutely no colour. Unless I catch a glimpse in v strong sunlight. He was and is a dark brown/grey with dark stripes. Is this normal ? Will he develop any colour ? Thanks in advance for any help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store