Done with Eheim - sunsun review

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I am going to have to strongly and completely disagree with this statement
in my my mind an HoB is a must. specifically AC filters the AC110 has large bio media tray and large water turn over to keep the particulates filtered out. Esp if running Oscars and other large messy cichlids.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
But I think a canister is a good addition to any filtration system, HoB being the must.
I am going to have to strongly and completely disagree with this statement
in my my mind an HoB is a must. specifically AC filters the AC110 has large bio media tray and large water turn over to keep the particulates filtered out. Esp if running Oscars and other large messy cichlids.
Well, that's not what your post in question reads. I just don't want a newb to think that the statement is factual when its just an opinion.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
point taken. :)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
no, just not see any point in arguing, things are from my point of view from what I know and have learned, moving forward (hate starting sentence with that) I will be sure to add IMHO, or how I see it than stating as fact.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
bottom line, helping folks to keep better fish, that is the only goal for me answering help posts. :)

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
It came! I'm so excited. Gonna be a long day at work!

uploadfromtaptalk1419273627878.jpg all for $90

uploadfromtaptalk1419273644236.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1419273656387.jpg
Touch the perfection

uploadfromtaptalk1419273676834.jpg
Guys!, guys! Look its 100% filter! I knew it. So stoked

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ryan_R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
Athens, OH USA
Another Rena/API XP fan here. I have two 125's, each has an XP3 and an XP4. I load both of them with Eheim mech.... with much more in the XP4's. I've replaced an impeller on my oldest one, and that's it. I've also had a few Magnum 350's with BioWheels.... my XP3's are now running the biowheels great set ups!

As for Eheim, they really are top notch. Not sure why folks find them expensive. The Classics are pretty well priced. Yes they're a little slow on the GPH, but Eheim's ratings aren't "cooked". I have an Ecco canister that I got in a trade. Great little workhorse. Quitest filter I've ever seen.

With the SunSun's, don't cheap out on something that lives below the tank.

I'm surprised to see so much support for HoB's. I've owned a bunch, and they all drove me crazy over the years. The reason they're not "nitrate factories" is because they have so little media. I feed reasonable amounts, and rarely open up my canisters. Maybe once every 2-3 months. If I open them any sooner, there's little to find in them. The Eheim mech keeps them from clogging, and my nitrates are quite low and stay constant after weekly 50+% water changes.

-Ryan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store