Scat that looks like a Dat...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I have them on order at my LFS he says there on his stock list he is going to wait till after new years because his last shipment got held up for four days and half the order came in dead,I did not even ask how mush just said I would take eight,and he said you might as well take them all. He sells his fish for a regular mark up,so I am guessing they will probably be about $50.00 depending how many are in a box.He is great like that.I bought 4 to 5 inch mono sabie for $21.00 he turns over his stock almost every week because he is so cheap. AND THE STORE IS Aqua Hut in Coram Long Island you have to go to the store or get in touch with them on Facebook because they do not answer the phones ever.If you live in Long Island you should check out the store its at exit 64 on the LIE head north to the home Depot shopping on right.Great deals on food and supplies.
Blah...

we will see this guy has always got me what he says he is going to get.He is in the business for at least 30 years and has a lot of connections and has a direct importer from Africa,he also deals in a lot of salt water fish and corals.I know he gets red sea fish and more common stuff from Florida.I Just hope they don't cost some crazy price,I wont know until after new years and when and if I get them I will let you guys see some pictures then
Blah... Blah...

I never said they were $50 I said I probably be around that price.I have no Idea how much they cost till there here. You do not no anything about my LFS store so how can you say what he can get and what cant if you never been in his store or no anything about him.And when you say the more common ones what are you referring to the less colorful ones that are more green and black,because if you are i think most people would be quite happy to get them including me.And maybe when you brought your fish in there was a middle man who got his cut before you bought them so please do not say what you do not know.
Blah... Blah...

He does not buy from wholesaler,he is a direct importer that is why he gets fish cheaper and more varieties unless you have been importing fish for 30 years please do not tell that this guy does not have more connections then most wholesalers and probably you.
Blah... Blah...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Buddy... I hope he gets them... I will drive out to long island and by him out of them myself... that being said. I myself have asked one of the biggest importers of african fish on the east coast about them and was told they are a no go... I have also spoken to multiple other of the rare fish titans in the country and got the same answer... Wes from rare fish who most anyone on this site will tell you is one of the best in the business told me they are like a unicorn at this point. No need to get defensive ..prove us wrong and everyone will be happy.
Well said Jay.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I have to say that I am very disappointed with the way a lot of you answer my threads.there is no need to be sarcastic or nasty.that is the problem MFK there are so many out there that have to prove that they are right they miss the whole point which is that this is club that should be about knowledge and comradeity and sharing.Not bashing

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well said also.

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
I've been keeping fish for about 16 years now, maybe more. When i first started keeping fish they were all over. I remember seeing that particular scat available in great numbers. Pretty crazy to think about actually. Now you can't find them. When i first started keeping fish you could get true blue-eyed plecos as well. They only cost about $40 back then.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
I have to say that I am very disappointed with the way a lot of you answer my threads.there is no need to be sarcastic or nasty.that is the problem MFK there are so many out there that have to prove that they are right they miss the whole point which is that this is club that should be about knowledge and comradeity and sharing.Not bashing
Sorry if I offended you... I agree it should be a shared resource and all I was trying to say is it is a very tough fish to get. It is on my list if you or anyone find any please let me know! good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store