NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I'm with you on that. I went to a nearby lake to enjoy the scenery last week and saw cans bottles etc. strewn everywhere. I really don't know why people just throw their litter down on the ground where they stand, I mean, how much freakin' extra effort does it take to properly dispose of a soda can? NOOOOO, I'll throw it in the lake:swear:
I will happily join your efforts to abuse those who litter ewurm.
I think they put their litter there so that honest people like you and I can collect it and take it to the local recycling plant(if you are lucky enough to have one), and get some cold hard cash for our effort. i once found an aluminum grill discarded in a pond. It was heavy as hell. i took it too recycle and bam, 35 bucks!

vinwinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2006
hougang
as i have been feeding my fishes i don think they can survive in the wild hunting for food cos they have not been train:eek:

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
I think Channa should be available to Monster Fish Keepers and that is it...If we talk about the website to people and keep it on the down low that we get these, I think that it would be nice for us to have snakeheads responsibly kept...Don't even get me started on asian Aros. I think that we should replenish the wild population already and then get them back in the hobby in the U.S.!!!! One more thing, are crenchicla (I suck at spelling) allowed in the U.S. or at least in Ohio???

sxcsamman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2006
Australia
4pets.proboards53.com
i couldent b screwed reading all of it so i dont no if this had been said (hope not)
but in austrlia there is huge probolms with chiclids being released into the lakes and have killed off all the native fish. the goverment is now using extream mesures to catch them like explosives :O so yeh deffently dont relese fish into the wild

RyanS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
Minnesota
A large Pacu was just caught in the St. Croix River. If the admins won't freak out on me, I can scan in the article from the newspaper.

Only good thing is, they wouldn't survive our winters.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
A large Pacu was just caught in the St. Croix River. If the admins won't freak out on me, I can scan in the article from the newspaper.

Only good thing is, they wouldn't survive our winters.
I didn't see that article, I think you can post it if you give proper credit. Or email it to me. Throwing non-native fish into any waterway is worse than littering. I am trying to get a bill passed through congress that enacts a law that certain officers assigned to littering and the release of non-native fish into public water can be shot with a tazer as many times as the officer sees fit. Actually, the effort I have put in amounts to this thread, so I hope congress reads posts on MFK. I volunteer to shoot people with the tazer.

Jox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Like a question mentioned above what if it is a private owned lake or pond? People always say some fish are too big to be in a tank like a pacu. Just curious.

BTW I saw this movie on the sundance channel called Darwin's Nightmare and it was what the effect of the Nile Perch has done to the people living on Lake Victoria.

pacu girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
westbury ny
i am going to have to agree......i dont think its right to set a fish into the wild thats been captive. they dont know anything about hunting for food, they'll just sit there and wait for the food to be dropped in, and it never comes. besides here in ny the water temps arent really warm enough for fish to be dumped year round. but still some ass droppes a pacu into westbury pond right near my house, by the time i found out about it well it was a little too late, it had already died, and the most f**ked up part is that the guy was bragging about doing it. why bother having a fis if youre going to dump it......better yet heres a thought do some frigging research on it first before you buy it so you know if you can keep it long term. i think if people knew more about the fish they were buying there would probably be less dumping of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store