My Summer Internship Restoring Endangered Salmonid Habitat in Marin County

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I was just curious, since I'm a plant guy - I was not necessarily looking for anything - BUT, that said, now that you mention it - if you have a program, or access, to plants that you are able to distribute - then sure! Send me a PM if you want to work something out.
Thanks!

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
I was just curious, since I'm a plant guy - I was not necessarily looking for anything - BUT, that said, now that you mention it - if you have a program, or access, to plants that you are able to distribute - then sure! Send me a PM if you want to work something out.
Thanks!
Just trying to pick my brain. No plants going out for now. Maybe next season though keep in touch if your interested. Thanks for asking though!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
This is the original video just embeded this time.

[video=youtube;XYS0uKuUSSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYS0uKuUSSI[/video]

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Shows the importance of Large Woody Debris.
Sure does. All of that wood was placed there last season, during a restoration effort. It was almost impossible to get a good video in the wood though. We're using a GoPro attached to a 6' stick and jamming it down into holes in the wood as we float by.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
I do have a YouTube video of one of our snorkel surveys from this summer that I threw together. Now that I've totally taken over this thread. Sorry.

[video=youtube_share;vlGKbagJtsE]http://youtu.be/vlGKbagJtsE[/video]
Great video thanks for posting!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Sure does. All of that wood was placed there last season, during a restoration effort. It was almost impossible to get a good video in the wood though. We're using a GoPro attached to a 6' stick and jamming it down into holes in the wood as we float by.
Have you got a link to the organization you work for that you are doing Coho Salmon restorations for?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
This is a couple pictures I got today of Endangered Central California Coho Salmon Oncorhynchus kisutch spawning on one of the tributaries of the Lagunitas Watershed in Marin County.

ZmOOQi.jpg

Ec0YdA.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

ZmOOQi.jpg

Ec0YdA.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store