NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
is it illegal to throw koi's in lakes or rivers like other non-native fish? i went fishing today and i saw a bigggggg ass koi come up right under me. tried to catch it.i was just wondering how it got there.well at least im sure someone did a good thing and let it go if it out grew the tank or something

I use to think it was ok, releasing fish into the wild if they were native or they weren't a physical threat to the other fish in the ecosystem. that was until i read that by releasing a fish into the wild native or non native, predatory or not, they may have diseases which you'll spread to the other fish..

How big weas this koi

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
It shouldnt be done..

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
you saw a common carp, native fish

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Well, here's a doozee...

Asian aros are endangered. When they are brought into the US of A, they are destroyed by the F&W agents. Not sure if they are destroyed ion the spot, but I am told by the F&W biologist that they are destroyed. Shouldn't they be released into the wild to re-populate the the wild, since their numbers are dwindling? What ya think?

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
you saw a common carp, native fish
i know what i saw its not a common carp.....common carp here are like blackish grayish....it was a koi...it was orange and spots of different colors.....ii spot him again.he was about 40 ft away from me just swimming on top of the lake

Blub Blub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Virginia
A couple of snakeheads were found in my local river, scared the bejesus out of biologists. Haven't heard anything else about it in about a year though.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Don't forget you can always eat the fish too :yuck:
Even that is better than releasing them.
Fish are friends, Not food :swear:

Mount them :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store