jardini and wyckii comm possible?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
He's a very cool looking cat man :cool::D I used to hand feed my old jar for a while until he got 2ft lol here's a PIC of him he was a serial killer uploadfromtaptalk1413412806702.jpguploadfromtaptalk1413412823260.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Looks stunning, blacks used to be my favorite but Jardinis are slowly taking that spot, and why does it seem pacus can deal with anything lol

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I had a silver before a jar , I don't really like the shape of slivers and blacks its the tapered tail and of course the de problems once grown.
Obviously I'd love to own an Asian but there pricey still over here but coming down slowly as there's a lot around ATM , but I too love jardini they may be mental killers but at least I never get bored of him prowling the tank :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I like dark colored of light colored but I also llike capable fish and in my opinion silvers and blacks aren't capable when it's something of similar size and they're punks, I had a silver, but got rid of it because of eventual size and it was getting picked on. Not by the catfish either. My silver was about 15 inches and he didn't start getting de yet his were normal which does look better of course. And if I were to get an Asian it'd be a green but I like simple fish when it comes to color, color not pattern though.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Black Devil Catfish/ Crystal Eye/ Wyckii Catfish are pretty mean. Territory is the big issue with them. If the Jardini or any other fish goes down into or around it's home,it's greeted with a mouth wide open, full out charge towards the intrusive fish . I kept mine in a community tank for years. Had one of nearly everything in with it at one time or another. Everything from VATF to Arowanas. Never had too much trouble. Like the wise people before me stated, the bigger the tank,the better. Although ugly, a PVC coupling that is shaped like a Y ,has worked well for me in the past as a sanctuary/home for lots of different kinds of bottom dwellers. Finally, my gut says you can get away with it,but I bet they don't get along perfectly. Just my opinion. Thanks.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
How big were they? Did their aggression come out yet or they were small?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store