NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdg45414

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I agree also. Another option which I have had to do when moving is to give them to a pet shop. Done that more than once.

Daniel Machado

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2005
Fortal Town - Brazil
Just couldn't let it pass... The same is true for ANY animal. Amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, insects, etc. Here in Brazil we can't import ANY terrestrial invert, amphibian or reptile because of it.
Oh, almost forgot... Not only the so hated hybrids cause problems when released in the wild. Purebreeds do the same if are not from the local ecosystem. My 0.02 ;)

Best regards.

Daniel.

Reactions: jcarson

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
I agree and it's nice to see that everyone else agrees too!

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
Couldn't agree more

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Great to see so many supporters of this rule. Another good reason not release your pets into the wild is the LAW. I believe the penalty now is 1000 years in prison and a one billion dollar fine. You don't want that now do you!!!!! :ROFL:

Reactions: Combatcookie

Thomascl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2005
Philippines
I agree that is why we Australians are not allowed any great fish down under because the threat of sum stupid fish keeper letting them go in the wild. As you all know we have had allot of our big rivers destroyed from carp and gold fish.

Thomas

lizardfishman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Oregon
i agree 100%. just look at what happened to my area. i can catch pbass, mayan cichlids, salvinis, and jewel cichlids in back yard. not only that but i can catch brown basilisks, iguanas, knight anoles, and cuban anoles. i have also heard stories of monitor lizards in naples, Fl.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
lizardfishman said:
i agree 100%. just look at what happened to my area. i can catch pbass, mayan cichlids, salvinis, and jewel cichlids in back yard. not only that but i can catch brown basilisks, iguanas, knight anoles, and cuban anoles. i have also heard stories of monitor lizards in naples, Fl.
You can catch P. bass in your back yard? That is awesome! And that totally sucks ass. Jewel Cichlids? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. People are so irresponsible. Next thing you know, I will have a python bite me in the ass this summer in Minnesota. :swear:

Reactions: Combatcookie
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store