Tiger mota. Just love the look of em

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Tiger mota. Just love the look of em
+1 on that.

But remember they are really aggressive. I had one in my 55 that I was growing out. He was only 3" and ended killing my Robertsoni and 2 of my geos before I had to remove him and transfer my rtm to my 240. Which didn't last 24hrs cause he was the smallest and died from one of my bigger fish.

But they are very beautiful fish.

Sent from my XT1096 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Here is my female something under 4 inches at the beginning stages of coloring up... and I was reasonably sure about my male the day I bought him..... at a small or sometimes larger size we will always have a sex my( jag ,Cuban, Dempsey ,Dovii or insert name) thread, which is fine, but don't need one for motas....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
Here is my female something under 4 inches at the beginning stages of coloring up... and I was reasonably sure about my male the day I bought him..... at a small or sometimes larger size we will always have a sex my( jag ,Cuban, Dempsey ,Dovii or insert name) thread, which is fine, but don't need one for motas....

ur lucky you have a pair of motas i cant find em

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Thanks...I feel lucky..have always wanted this species from way back... this is the only time I have seem any real deal RTMs at any of my LFS...where I got them from stepped up their game and have been ordering a few species away from their norm....If not on your own maybe you could get a cool fish dept manager to order some for you...

618_Amphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2014
United States
Cuban or if I can change up slightly a Haitian. I had jack dempseys growing up so I would want to try something new. They are good fish though, ran my 125 and spawned all the time. I have a jaguar that's why I didn't choose motaguense

618_Amphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2014
United States
To me rtm's shouldn't even be in the same convo as Cubans/jd's. Active, amazing colors, and are parachromis at a manageable size. Only drawback is they're hyper aggressive if don't like that sort of thing.

Once you own a few bigger parachromis species it will about ruin you on Oscars, jd's, and other similar fish.
Very true.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
I disagree in that there's always a room where I can't fit a huge tank ;)
-also I've seen huge tanks with schools of JD that looked pretty sweet as well they're one of those adaptable fish that change temperament depending on how you house them. Unfortunately due to how common they are there's a lot of really bad looking pale hunchbacked examples that give JD's a bad name.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store