Man goes to jail for peeing on Alamo object

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Thank you!I couldn't have put this any better.A person can be thrown in jail for spitting on a sidewalk or pissing in an alley whether those are considered acts of expression or not lol.I saw a few comments about taxpayers dollars being saved but I think other areas should be considered rather than in law enforcement...such as the welfare situation and people living in homes rent free on the tax payers dime.
+1

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Oh boy. The sentence is a little out there but hey, everything bigger in Texas. Lol

As far as burning flags, to most the flag represents the government, not the general public or the actual lands. Its funny that this is the 3rd or 4th time I've read someone on here suggesting suicide to everyone on the other side of an argument and all of them happen to be Americans. Intolerance abounds here

Also, I've seen far more extreme right then left doing things like burning flags. I can't think of a single leftist group doing this since the 60s. Now when you look at right wing extremists such as the kkk, neo nazis etc they burn flags on the regular.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Who said something about suicide,did I miss something?

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
The American Flag is a symbol of everything this country stands for, including the right to free speech. So why burn the symbol that encapsulates all these freedoms which we often take for granted.
That's exactly why it makes such an impact when you are protesting the fact that those freedoms are being taken away/oppressed. Though, like swearing, it's over use has taken all meaning from such a radical statement.

(No, I don't agree with it btw, but can see why someone would do it in extreme circumstances. Not something trival like wanting .25 cents more an hour when you already make $30+)

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Oh boy. The sentence is a little out there but hey, everything bigger in Texas. LolAs far as burning flags, to most the flag represents the government, not the general public or the actual lands. Its funny that this is the 3rd or 4th time I've read someone on here suggesting suicide to everyone on the other side of an argument and all of them happen to be Americans. Intolerance abounds hereAlso, I've seen far more extreme right then left doing things like burning flags. I can't think of a single leftist group doing this since the 60s. Now when you look at right wing extremists such as the kkk, neo nazis etc they burn flags on the regular.Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Can't think of one leftist group burning flags since the 60's? LoL, if you say so. Don't get out much?

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
That's exactly why it makes such an impact when you are protesting the fact that those freedoms are being taken away/oppressed. Though, like swearing, it's over use has taken all meaning from such a radical statement.

(No, I don't agree with it btw, but can see why someone would do it in extreme circumstances. Not something trival like wanting .25 cents more an hour when you already make $30+)
And that is why these idiots should get a 2x4 slammed over their head for not realizing how good they got it in the US.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Worse than that sentence is if he is charged the same as NH does it, he will now have to register as a sex offender. It will make his jailtime an absolute nightmare and he wont be able to work or live around children and will end up on a registry. My cousin ended up paying 25000 for a lawyer because he was being charged for peeing on the side of a bar

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Worse than that sentence is if he is charged the same as NH does it, he will now have to register as a sex offender. It will make his jailtime an absolute nightmare and he wont be able to work or live around children and will end up on a registry. My cousin ended up paying 25000 for a lawyer because he was being charged for peeing on the side of a bar
Really? Sex offender wow.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store