Mini Marbles? Are there any still out there?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Db do you ever sell any of your pups? I think it would be really cool to have one if it was even possible? How many mini pups do you have? I would love to see pics of the mini off spring that you have!
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I haven't sold any yet. I'm still working on repaying the guy that sold me one of the females that's holding.... Repaying favors in this hobby is something that is VERY important to me. The guy who sold me that female gave me a very good deal on her and was very generous in the deal we made, he is the only person who has ever sold me a Marble without gouging me for auction style top dollar. So, I am returning the favor and selling him a pup for a very good price. The problem is he'd like more then just one, so until he's taken care of I won't have any for sale, but with 2 currently holding it's possible there could be some up for grabs very soon, however they won't be given away for average Marble prices. Most people have forced me to pay through the teeth for this quality. I won't be trying to get auction style top dollar for them by any means, but they will need to bring enough for me to justify selling them over just keeping them since they're so small, easy to house, and easy to feed. Not to mention how friggin adorable they are lol.

The reason I love these lil buggers so much is cause when it comes to keeping rays the cost involved is a huge turnoff. You need a huge tank, beefy filter, lots of clean water, and sooooo much food. The cost is crazy. These lil buggers change all that. It takes the same amount of food to feed BOTH those preggo Marble ladies as it takes to feed my preggo Henleo. The difference is I expect the Henleo to double in size before she's full grown. One of the preggo Marbles is 7+ years old, doubt she'll get much bigger. I'd much rather feed 4 preggo Marbles then a single monster preggo Henleo. I know I'm in a VERY small minority preferring dirty lil brown rays to the precious blackies, but I simply can't afford the blackies that I find attractive. This isn't a sales pitch by any means, just some thoughts from someone who's been enjoying rays for a while now without having a big bank account.

Also seems much safer to keep fish with these lil buggers since they can't pin anything with any size to it.

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
I haven't sold any yet. I'm still working on repaying the guy that sold me one of the females that's holding.... Repaying favors in this hobby is something that is VERY important to me. The guy who sold me that female gave me a very good deal on her and was very generous in the deal we made, he is the only person who has ever sold me a Marble without gouging me for auction style top dollar. So, I am returning the favor and selling him a pup for a very good price. The problem is he'd like more then just one, so until he's taken care of I won't have any for sale, but with 2 currently holding it's possible there could be some up for grabs very soon, however they won't be given away for average Marble prices. Most people have forced me to pay through the teeth for this quality. I won't be trying to get auction style top dollar for them by any means, but they will need to bring enough for me to justify selling them over just keeping them since they're so small, easy to house, and easy to feed. Not to mention how friggin adorable they are lol.

The reason I love these lil buggers so much is cause when it comes to keeping rays the cost involved is a huge turnoff. You need a huge tank, beefy filter, lots of clean water, and sooooo much food. The cost is crazy. These lil buggers change all that. It takes the same amount of food to feed BOTH those preggo Marble ladies as it takes to feed my preggo Henleo. The difference is I expect the Henleo to double in size before she's full grown. One of the preggo Marbles is 7+ years old, doubt she'll get much bigger. I'd much rather feed 4 preggo Marbles then a single monster preggo Henleo. I know I'm in a VERY small minority preferring dirty lil brown rays to the precious blackies, but I simply can't afford the blackies that I find attractive. This isn't a sales pitch by any means, just some thoughts from someone who's been enjoying rays for a while now without having a big bank account.

Also seems much safer to keep fish with these lil buggers since they can't pin anything with any size to it.

really now..the only guy to make you a deal huh? I remember someone sending you a whole breeding group of marbles..we don't forget do we!:confused:

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
really now..the only guy to make you a deal huh? I remember someone sending you a whole breeding group of marbles..we don't forget do we!:confused:
Please don't take what I said wrong......

You know I love ya Craig! You're a friggin role model man. And you KNOW I don't forget stuff like that, but unfortunately I don't have any pups from that group. I know it's my fault for not knowing wtf I'm doing, and you helped set me straight and get me to where I am now which is absolutely priceless. For any knowledgeable ray keeper it was a crazy deal, but sold to an idiot that doesn't know what they're doing it's a good deal that couldn't be capitalized on. I take back what I said, cause you know without advice from you I probably would have given up on rays a long time ago, but I did pay less for that female then I did for an unproven male..... The fact that I even had a chance at that group will make me forever greatful, and when the time does come that I get pups from them I will be even more greatful.

I officially open my mouth and insert foot. My humble apologies......

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
Please don't take what I said wrong......

You know I love ya Craig! You're a friggin role model man. And you KNOW I don't forget stuff like that, but unfortunately I don't have any pups from that group. I know it's my fault for not knowing wtf I'm doing, and you helped set me straight and get me to where I am now which is absolutely priceless. For any knowledgeable ray keeper it was a crazy deal, but sold to an idiot that doesn't know what they're doing it's a good deal that couldn't be capitalized on. I take back what I said, cause you know without advice from you I probably would have given up on rays a long time ago, but I did pay less for that female then I did for an unproven male..... The fact that I even had a chance at that group will make me forever greatful, and when the time does come that I get pups from them I will be even more greatful.

I officially open my mouth and insert foot. My humble apologies......

your forgiven :)

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine

^ Share some love for hystrix too:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store