Air freshener for stinky fish room

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
nls made my heavily stocked 300g stink... sorry nls.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
How about a couple boxes of baking soda or this is something I saw on tv...Fridge-It Naturally Activated Charcoal Odor Absorber.

Good Luck...

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I don't mean to get off topic but, Isn't a dehumidifier in a fish room kind of a waste? Their job is to pull moisture from the air so with a bunch of tanks, it's not going to dry air and going to suck up a ton of electricity. Excuse my ignorance but am I missing something?

FreshwaterHawaii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hawaii
My room consist of a 10 gallon planted tank, 40b planted tank, and a 75 gallon with 2 red head tapajos. Total of 2 fish throughout all 3 tanks. I exaggerated a bit when I said stinky. For some reason, my tanks just smell like a fish tank, not stinky.

And when I said air freshener in want the ones you put in a car that just sit in the cup holder. I'm not talking about sprays or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have 5 tanks in my living room, 180g, a 90g, two 75g and a 34g. there is no fish smell. might look to better tank maintenance, water changes, sub straight vacuuming and filter maintenance. you have a stinky tank problem going on you need to look into mentioned above.

FreshwaterHawaii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hawaii
No it's not cleaning or the related. Tanks are cleaned weekly and I only have 2 fish and I feed once a day if their lucky. I'm starting to think the problem is there's no air circulation in the room. No windows and the doors closed 99% of the day. Hawaii is humid during the summer so everything starts to sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ChrisM101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
Paris, AR,United States
Some foods are oily, this of course goes to the top and is evaporated with the water. Thus the smell is worse with any food for carnivorous fish that contain fish or natural oils

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I don't mean to get off topic but, Isn't a dehumidifier in a fish room kind of a waste? Their job is to pull moisture from the air so with a bunch of tanks, it's not going to dry air and going to suck up a ton of electricity. Excuse my ignorance but am I missing something?
The amount of moisture I can pull from the air is much greater then the evaporation rate that takes place. If you tried using a small dehumidifier then yes all it would do is actually heat up your room and have no affect on relative humidity.

If you can effectively pull more water from the air then is being evaporated into the air then yes it has great effect. I can maintain as low as 50% RH even if its 90%+ outside in my fishroom with 100 pint per day dehumidifier.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store