Some pics, 2 New P. Bass and others

DaniiloC

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
MAAAN, That expensive ? But you know what..You in USA, Canada, Thayland and others, there are more options of Amazonian fishes than us in Brazil. The reason is that many of these fishes, like Aimara, Payara, RTC, Dorado (salminos maxi), Arapaima, P. Bass goes for you by the Colombia/Peru/Venezuela part of Amazonian Rivers...
E.G. : Payara and some species of P. Bass it's not allowed to buy in Brazil. I'm gonna tell u some of the types of P. Bass, but I don't how u guys call them where u live...- Tucunaré Paca, Tucunaré Borboleta, Tucunaré Vermelho...it's impossible to buy them, the only way is catch them in the nature, but it's WRONG...if you were caught with one of these, u go to JAIL and have no money that can pay your freedom.

Here in Sao Paulo, the P. Bass appears in the fish stores only in september, that's when they reproduce here in Brazil, but I don't even know the price..The Florida/Spotted Gar is the only species of Gars that are sold here, and one of this little guys with 10 cm is about US$ 80 to 100.

Must be nice...add $200 on to each of those prices and thats what we pay :(

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
MAAAN, That expensive?
Not at all, if you take the air fare into consideration... It's not like those fish can swim from Brazil to the States.

blue phantom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2011
Denver, CO
$10.00 - $15.00 for a small spotted gar here! :screwy:

DaniiloC

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Even with the transportation...in each time that arrives international fishes into any country, u can have sure that the stores or others earn too much money...
Example of that is here, Brazil...EVERYTHING that is imported, we pay the DOUBLE or the TRIPLE of the price that are been sold to the Exportation/Importation Industries.
That's sad =/

Not at all, if you take the air fare into consideration... It's not like those fish can swim from Brazil to the States.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store