New pickup/ Need correct id please

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I'd keep an eye out for bichir worms. Most of my wild caught had them when I got them. Great pickup!

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I'd keep an eye out for bichir worms. Most of my wild caught had them when I got them. Great pickup!

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Are they white and curly, kinda looks like little poop? If so, how do I get rid of them?

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks for the infos. After reading these threads, I do notice that it's slime is hanging off by the tail area. It's not really active and barely eats. My tank's temp is at 84 degrees. I will keep an eye out for those worms.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Thanks for the infos. After reading these threads, I do notice that it's slime is hanging off by the tail area. It's not really active and barely eats. My tank's temp is at 84 degrees. I will keep an eye out for those worms.
if I were you I would treat him anyway because if he has them they can spread to your other bichirs and become a pain. Just out some prazi pro or API General cure in there. I used the General cure and my guy lost them in about 2-3 days. If he's not eating that's expected with new polys, but it'd treat with some meds just incase there are bichir worms so you don't have a full tank infected.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
if I were you I would treat him anyway because if he has them they can spread to your other bichirs and become a pain. Just out some prazi pro or API General cure in there. I used the General cure and my guy lost them in about 2-3 days. If he's not eating that's expected with new polys, but it'd treat with some meds just incase there are bichir worms so you don't have a full tank infected.
Thanks I'll start treatment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store