Whats going on? havn't been here in a while (fish tank with turtle)

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
I have a 56 gallon column aquarium these days. It was an early christmas gift. my inhabitants are in sig. The turtle should be fullgrown being a male. In the warmer months I will put it outside in a kiddie pool when my dogs not using it.
I am going to get 2 more loaches when I come across them. The turtle doesn't bother the fish. I feed spirulina pellets, cichlid pellets, tetramin flakes, krill, romaine. I am going to pick up kale and try local danelion too. the turtle, severum, and acara all enjoy veggies.

now my basking area is ghetto because they do not sell screen covers for this tank.Also my filter is a HOB rated for 75-100gph i forget the brand. it gets the job done though. i also do 50% weekly water changes.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
Here is my dog. he is about 4-5 years, 60 lbs Came from yonkers animal shelter 3 years ago. He was on Evo but they had a recall and is on blue buffalo.I am going back to Evo though. The less grains and vegetables the better. He also gets the following all raw: eggs, chicken, beef, pork, fish, deer, bones, organs, chicken feet, etc. my backyard isnt fully fenced in so i connected 3 wire leashes. its about a 60ft run. hes only out when it is nice. i am moving next year to a house with a fenced in yard and will adopt a female.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice looking setup you've got there turtle looks cool , watch he doesn't start to take fish they work it out eventually lol
Great looking dog too , he looks like part staffy ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
staff and apbt are basically bloodlines of the same breed. just one got recognized by the akc. the staff is the prettier and the pit is the working. they tend to have those really nice markings are just more massive. most shelter dogs are a mix of the two. hes 60lb right on the dot. he basically has the body of an apbt and a staff head.

I always kept fish with turtles. it gives them enrichment and me more viewing pleasure. all of their needs are met. the tank is bigger than it looks. its 18 inches wide. sliders are the worst with fish. you also have to be mindful of what you use. cyprinids are quick and smart. less aggressive cichlids are intelligent. the problem is people put goldfish in a 20 gallon turtle tank with a female RES and 5 inches of water. the tank is two feet in height and there are plenty of caves.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
wow this site is a little dead now, huh? what happened!?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Staffys are cool dogs my mother in laws got two crosses from the dogs home , ones a staffy/whippet and the other staffy/pit both great little dogs :) im a shar pei man myself totally addicted to the breed dont think I could be without one now lol :D there's plenty of breeds I'd have also

I've kept yellow sliders on there own as a kid but not with fish , ive tried softshells in my tanks a couple of times but they always chomp tails off my cats while there chilling , I even caught one being dragged around the tank by my 2ft jardini hanging onto its tail lol , had to get rid :(

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
wow this site is a little dead now, huh? what happened!?
the sites still not working well for some people , loads haven't been on since the server went down , im sure they'll be back soon :)

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
apbt are a bit more dog aggressive and leaner. In NY they are overloaded in shelters and thats the main reason i chose the breed.

As far as turtles there is always the potential for disaster and you just have to accept that. With that said keeping them well fed and leaving plants in to snack on help. Also the species is the main factor. Certain turtles like the bottom walkers can be kept with even tetras. Painteds are smaller and less aggressive then RES. I wouldn't keep anything with a softshell or a slider. The only thing i could think worse then them two would be a snapper lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store