Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
We get a lot of Catholic people in my restaurant for lent on Fridays so lots of fish entrees. Easter week I did a lot of lamb for dinner specials

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
We eat fish on Fridays during Lent and on Good Friday. Growing up we ate young goat similar to lamb a little stronger, I still do either one depending on weather or not I can get goat. We also make ham because not everyone eats the goat but I love it.

One thing I tell my kids all the time. Cannoli is plural so you don’t say Cannoli’s. One is a Cannolo (Italian) in the dialect spoken around the region of Naples where we come from you will often hear it pounced as “ganul” but is actually it is spelled Cannolu in Napulitano and most other southern Italian dialects. So you would say, in proper Italian, “Dammi un Cannolo” if you wanted one or “dammi una dozzina cannoli” if you wanted a dozen.

Italian lesson for the day. Impress your friends.............lol.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Alonzi Alonzo (I can thank Dr who for that Italian lesson)

My moms mom side of the family is from Pico just outside Rome, I'm planning on visiting them next summer. Naples is beautiful I was in Italy when I was like 6 and we went all up and down the coast it was amazing. I think people don't know the cannolo thing because you can never eat just one! Probably gonnanget sued by Lays now

We also had a whole baby lamb, sadly all the good bits were gone by the time ingot there (eyes, tounge, connective tissue) yes I enjoy eating eyes its like a natural fruit gusher minus the fruit

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
Went to Naples, sigonella, Trieste, Ancona, Corfu, when I was in the navy.fell in love with Italy. People there were great.all in all went to italy and surrounding areas about 15 times in 5 years

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Southern Europe is fantastic all-round. Portugal, Spain, Italy.. Such a shame that they are having economical (and thus political) problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store