ID?

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
There was one here at a lfs that looked very similar and the breeder said it was captive bred from 2 pure bred motoros. Dont know how much truth it was but the ray sold before i could go look at it in person

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
looks like an awesome ray to me, I would want it

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
This type of thread is going to become more frequent with all this breeding of hybrids. Not only do we not know the eventual sizes many of these rays make we have no idea whats in the ingredients! Too many grey areas for me.

Back to the subject...what is it?...Haven't got a clue!

I would urge potential buyers to find out the parentage of their particular rays before purchase.

Lovely looking pup I might add.
That's not actually true in the UK as most hybrids for sale in the UK have been bred in the UK so the person you are buying from would know what's in the mix

Hybrids may get bigger but they also may stay smaller so not such a grey area as long as people know they could get bigger or smaller it's not a issue

I keep going back to dogs but with selective breeding we got a Great Dane and a pug

Who knows what will happen with hybrids only time will tell but I'm sure people frowned apron the size of the 2 dogs mentioned above when they was first created

As long as people just buy a Ray on what it looks like and the health it's in then I can't see any problems I personally wouldn't buy this Ray as it looks real skinny

Buy casting rays off as a hybrid give shops a get out when they can ID a Ray that comes in like I don't know what it is just mark it up as a hybrid

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
That's not actually true in the UK as most hybrids for sale in the UK have been bred in the UK so the person you are buying from would know what's in the mix

Hybrids may get bigger but they also may stay smaller so not such a grey area as long as people know they could get bigger or smaller it's not a issue

I keep going back to dogs but with selective breeding we got a Great Dane and a pug

Who knows what will happen with hybrids only time will tell but I'm sure people frowned apron the size of the 2 dogs mentioned above when they was first created

As long as people just buy a Ray on what it looks like and the health it's in then I can't see any problems I personally wouldn't buy this Ray as it looks real skinny

Buy casting rays off as a hybrid give shops a get out when they can ID a Ray that comes in like I don't know what it is just mark it up as a hybrid

I agree totally with your first sentence Richard, indeed I have pointed this out later on in my post. The UK ones for now at least are fine, all the breeders you and I know are honest lads and being a relatively small place the UK (on the scale of things) we pretty much know what every ones got, however all these hybrids coming in from Asia is a different scenario. From a breeding perspective not just a keeping, I would simply "have" to know what ingredients have gone into a particular mix....I have no problem with producing a nice hybrid, variety is the spice of life after all.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I agree totally with your first sentence Richard, indeed I have pointed this out later on in my post. The UK ones for now at least are fine, all the breeders you and I know are honest lads and being a relatively small place the UK (on the scale of things) we pretty much know what every ones got, however all these hybrids coming in from Asia is a different scenario. From a breeding perspective not just a keeping, I would simply "have" to know what ingredients have gone into a particular mix....I have no problem with producing a nice hybrid, variety is the spice of life after all.
I'm not sure we will get loads coming in from Asia
We have a flooded market just with UK breeders

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I'm new to the whole ray thing.
Would cb be more expensive than wc?
I ask because the ray here is cheaper than super spot mortoros at a different lfs I also go to.

Reactions: twcp

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store