Rectangular kiddie pool on Amazon

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I received my Bestway pool last week, finished putting it together today, and am adding water at the moment in my basement.
I believe one part is missing from the box, a plug of some kind, so I am improvising with some 3/4" PVC.
It seems to be a little bit less well made than the Intex, the bracing pipes are thinner, but we shall see if that is an issue.
It is the @900 gallon pool, and will house my koi, goldfish, water lilies and Gymnogeophagus over the winter.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Does kinda look flimsy, but if its designed for children to run around in, it should be fine for holding goldfish. I do like it that the inside is white, making viewing the fish from above better for darker tone fish. Looking forward to see this set up

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
So far so good, its about 25% now, I'm filling very slowly. Fish should show up well,
and yes, because the use is less stressful than a bunch of jumping kids around, should hold up fine, time will tell.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Had a couple nights in the 30sF early this week, so figured it was time to move in the sub-tropicals.
Pulled 5 Gymnogeophagis quilero, and 3 Xenatoca eiseni (high altitude Mexican live-bearers) from the outdoor pond and put them in the kiddy pool in the basement.

next week they will be joined by 2 koi and 4 goldfish, from the other pond.

eiseni

Gymno quilero (yerbalito)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store