LFS Selling Known Diseased Fish? Right/Wrong?

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I all ways treat new fish with a epson salt solution kinda like a dewormer. As fare as the heater goes I would rather be safe then sry jmo...

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
My go to Lfs will not sell any sick fish. I've even tried to buy fish In a tank that was recently treated for ich. They said no even though they appeared normal. They quarantine all incoming fish and quarantine any tanks with ich outbreaks for close to a month, then break them down and replace the substrate.

Really stand up people. I like giving them my money.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
My LFS has signs that says "Fish are not for sale they are not up to Eddies Aquarium Standards". I appreciate them for that. Its the chains around me that sell known sick fish.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
the LFS's I go to generally have 1-2 tanks with a baaaaaaaad ich outbreak...but they draw big X's on the tanks in red. I've never tried buying the fish from the tanks but I would imagine the red X indicates they won't sell them to anyone. They treat the fish with meds that I've seen so they at least handle the problem.

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
my lfs tries to get you to buy first then after you mention they have ick in the tank and lots of fin rot they tell you, "yea there is so many diseases in the fish now a days anywhere you go they will have diseases". same place that wrote out an estimate on my 220 gallon tank then uped the price after i paid half before shipping and the tank came in at a 210 gallon 6 foot long tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store