Zebra pike

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
They are nice fish for sure. I am sure someone will spawn some before long. Would be nice to have a bunch of babies available!!!

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
They are nice fish for sure. I am sure someone will spawn some before long. Would be nice to have a bunch of babies available!!!
I hope so but they're not likely gonna spawn. Only a few species of lugubrious species have been spawned ever in captivity. Popularity of rare pike cichlids in US has dropped considerably.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
With the bigger crenicichla species, you are taking a gamble. Just make sure they are not bigger than your current fishes or else they will rule your tanks. I don't have a Zebrina but my marmorata is terrorizing my smaller 4" IT datnoid. However, it doesn't bother my clown loaches and silver dollars. Kinda defy the whole purpose of dither fishes.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
With the bigger crenicichla species, you are taking a gamble. Just make sure they are not bigger than your current fishes or else they will rule your tanks. I don't have a Zebrina but my marmorata is terrorizing my smaller 4" IT datnoid. However, it doesn't bother my clown loaches and silver dollars. Kinda defy the whole purpose of dither fishes.

dither fishes make other fish feel safe by swimming out in the open and showing there is no danger around. They do not help to spread the aggression. Target fish help to spread out aggression. You'll need other cichlids that look like the datnoid in order to get that marm not to focus on it.

robtt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
new york
hello. i have a zebrina pike hes in 300 gal tank with 3 rays 1 aro 1 armatus i black wolf fish they all get along great they have been together for about a year

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
A lfs by me has imported at least a dozen of these this year at 600 each and sold all but 1..I would never pay that .. the other pike with the dots on his face is nicer imo..lenticalcuta or whatever it's called

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Zebrina are really nice pike, but I don't know about $800 nice. I don't know what command the high price and how really rare they are, but they were definitely available in the market in 2014. The cheapest I saw was $400 for one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store