90g to 125g help

boxerlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2007
indiana
Hi guys! Would like some input. Going from the 90 which has 2 severums, 1 angel and 5 Bolivian rams. I would like to add for the 125, another severum, chocolate, blue acara and re home the angel if need be. So it would be 3 severums, 1 chocolate, 1 blue acara, possibly keep the angel and 5 rams, could I bump their numbers up? Also, any room for a school of tetras? Thanks!!!!

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
What do you have for filtration?

Also could you post a photo off your tank with decor and stuff?

Jhncf

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
They numbers look good, the tetras would have to be large as the chocolate and severums get large. The rams would probably be ok as long as there was plenty of cover for them incase any of the larger fish decide to harass them. Don't have any experience with angels with larger cichlids so can't really comment on that.

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
With proper filtration, those numbers are fine... and as Jhncf has said.. you will need some hiding spots/coverage for the rams so they dont get bullied... id also re home the angel, as I personally dont see them long term with severums who can get nippy/aggressive..

boxerlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2007
indiana
Thanks guys! I'll try to post a pic later....lots of glare/shadows right now. There is a lot of driftwood for the rams to hide...they don't get harassed now. Currently have 2 aquaclear 110s with Wkly water changes. I know I will need to bump that up in the 125...☺ may just forego the tetras but really would like to raise the ram number up....would like another 5-6. Maybe I'll test to see how the angel will fare. The oldest severum and angel have grownup together.

boxerlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2007
indiana
The oldest severum has had nothing to do with the new one....in the tank maybe 3 Mons. So you are saying that going into the 125 the two oldest now will pick on the newest? I know the oldest is a female but she has stopped laying eggs. Not sure of the sex of the 3 Mon old. I would hope that the extra space of the 125 would be good for every one. But I will definitely keep an eye on all...☺

boxerlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2007
indiana
Thanks! I've had them about 6 Mons....not very good at sexing them. They have lots of hiding places and seem to get along well. Looking forward to the 125 so I can up their numbers and get them on different color sand...I think it is washing them out. I'll try to get pics but whenever I approach the tank everyone rushes to the front.....��

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store