i want a wels cat

HammerHandle

Gambusia
Jan 28, 2014
Weatherford,TX
That's all we need is something like the Wels Catfish getting out into our waterways, eating up all of our native fishes. It's hard to believe that people can be so ignorant???

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
That's all we need is something like the Wels Catfish getting out into our waterways, eating up all of our native fishes. It's hard to believe that people can be so ignorant???
I mean...I don't forsee a wels invasion of US waters any time soon...plus I don't think anyone said anything about releasing them lol.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Agree with Josh...

... but in fairness, a proposal to federally ban wels in USA has been in the works since 2005 or earlier. AFAIK, it has not come to fruition yet but, as Necrocanis found, the proposal makers have been keeping track of what's said about wels on MFK and included relevant excerpts of MFK threads in their proposal.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
To ease the minds, that all goes back to 2005 or some such date. I am not aware of anything recent but I've not looked into it. I wonder when the "search" function will be back to try find the original Necro's thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store