Asian RTC with Gibby

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Sharptooth, why don't they seem to bother your gobies, just curious because I thought that they always killed anything in their tank. Thanks for the info guys, I've never had a marbled sleeper goby, but have seen them as babies for sale.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Sharptooth, why don't they seem to bother your gobies, just curious because I thought that they always killed anything in their tank. Thanks for the info guys, I've never had a marbled sleeper goby, but have seen them as babies for sale.
They did bother my MARBLE GOBYS just couldnt beat the gobys if you look at my avatar gobys have teeth the cats have small brillo, sandpaper type teeth and naked bodys. They would still fight for the caves often. Also its not that rtc kill everything they just like my MARBLE GOBY are nocturnal, can you image trying to sleep in pitch black darkness and u canT see and something keeps biting you that can see like its day time. I can put a fish in my tank and my MARBLE GOBY may not even come out of his cave until night then you will hear the fish getting bit and running into things in the tank and smashing into the glass.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Thing is the MARBLE GOBYS dont chase fish around but will bite the mess out of something in their turf especialy at night, and the rtc were the only fish that constantly tried to take over the caves. The rtc would constantly disrupt the peckng order of the tanks.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Wow, thanks for giving me the heads-up Sharptooth. Would a "moonlight" help? Also since their teeth are so small why does everyone keep saying that they take chunks out of other fish? BTW you got me interested in marbled gobies now.:drool:

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
And im no expert either just had enough to know they arent gonna take over a 240 from a rtc, you can get one of any kind of fish that can be super agro but that doesnt speak for the species as a whole. Thats why u cant own one fish and start giving temperment advice you have to have multiple fish to get a general idea of the temperment of a species. You can always give your experience but a lot of people need to slow down a lot of false info gets passed around.
I'm not the first person to claim an Asian rtc is aggressive. Look it up and read. They basically have to be kept alone. They claim the whole tank as their territory. Its fact not opinion. Sure there are exceptions to the rule.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I'm not the first person to claim an Asian rtc is aggressive. Look it up and read. They basically have to be kept alone. They claim the whole tank as their territory. Its fact not opinion. Sure there are exceptions to the rule.
This is why i try my best to stay off of other peoples threads, yes rtc are aggressive i just made what 4 or 5 post stating that. I dont need to read anything you need better reading comprehension skills i totally agreed with you, my dispute was that a sailfin pleco is as aggressive as a rtc. And just for the record its not a fact that they claim their whole tank, its a fact that they claim a large area as their territory so if you have a small tank they will try to claim it all. Also just because you read something that doesnt make it true, experience is the best teacher. There was no internet when i got into fish very few books with good info we learned by buying the fish and keeping them. To much i read it on the internet going around these days im done from now on ill stick to my own post.

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
+1 on no internet. I learned the hard way. All of my ARTC WERE MEAN. Another mean one is the Crystal Eye or Black Devil Catfish(M.wyckii), it's been a while since I have owned either. All you can do is try it and see. I more or less just keep species tanks now because I don't want to chance it. Rare hard to get fish are just exactly that,so I want to make sure they are healthy and happy for their whole life in captivity while they are under my care. Sure am glad the internet is around now. I can't remember what is was like to see a fish in a book and having to wait months or years for it to come in to a LFS. Nowadays, if you have the money, you can get almost anything.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
This is why i try my best to stay off of other peoples threads, yes rtc are aggressive i just made what 4 or 5 post stating that. I dont need to read anything you need better reading comprehension skills i totally agreed with you, my dispute was that a sailfin pleco is as aggressive as a rtc. And just for the record its not a fact that they claim their whole tank, its a fact that they claim a large area as their territory so if you have a small tank they will try to claim it all. Also just because you read something that doesnt make it true, experience is the best teacher. There was no internet when i got into fish very few books with good info we learned by buying the fish and keeping them. To much i read it on the internet going around these days im done from now on ill stick to my own post.
Then you my friend are the one needed reading comprehension skills, I never claimed to know anything about sailfins . In fact I had to look up gibbicep. So how could we be debating about the pleco when I never commented about it? The guy above me said they were aggressive. You should talk to him, not me.

Old guys not willing to except change. Just for your information, the internet is here to stay so get used to it. This ain't the olden days. Get with the times grandpa.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
:popcorn: BTW Sharptooth, debate is why we have these forums, so that different experiences can be learned from. When I first started there was nothing like this, no internet ordering fish, maybe if you were rich. I had to get the books and hope, ask the lfs and was told don't pay attention to the books, just use them as a basic reference. That's why I joined MFK, because I can learn from those that truly are monster fish keepers. Now that I'm head of my store's aquatics department I can get most of the fish that I've always wanted, give customers some of the advice that I've learned here and get my own experiences to see how they correlate with others. So don't stop giving your experiences on here, all opinions are important, whether they agree or not.

@Zeke, I gotta agree, there is a lot of mis info on the net, that's why I take most of it as just a blueprint and get my own experiences and see if what I read worked out for me. Like a lot of people have stated "fish don't read books, so not all of them know how they should act." Case in point, my managuense's favorite food is algae wafers.

@ecoli +1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store