My dream tank..What would you put in it?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
That'd be a difficult choice for me and I have a few options. Option one is all large natives like SMBs, Sunfish, White and/or Striped Bass, Buffalos, and a variety of larger native cats. Option two would be a complete native stream ecosystem with shiners, dace, chubs, livebearers, darters, suckers, etc and let the parameters fluctuate seasonaly to observe natural breeding behavior. Option three would be all monster cats like Vulture, Achara, Giraffe, Megalodoras, Channel, Adonis Pleco, etc. It'd be a very tough call for me between those three.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Exactly what I'd do :D

is it possible to make a tank that size with glass? will it look greenish? Acrylic tanks aren't available here :(

It's possible aquarium would just have much more weight, I'm not a glass expert but most large glass tanks I've seen didn't have a green tint.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Why ask me what fish I would put in YOUR tank?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Angler fish!!! Female preferably. Hey, you said dream...

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I like the oddballs, so here goes. I'd keep a pack of golden wolves, a pack of oligosarcus, endli bichirs and a black lancer catfish. I'd keep the extra space to let them school well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Why ask me what fish I would put in YOUR tank?
I didn't ask what people thought I should put in the tank, I asked what others would put in a tank this size.. Wouldn't be my dream tank if it was filled with someone elses dream fish.

Andyk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2014
West Sussex
What about a paludarium? Part land part water set up? Could have a ft or so land with some fire belly toads and still have the water level nice and deep. Have to watch out none of the fish would eat the toads.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store