NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Yup, thanks to these idiots releasing their fish into the wild, I can't keep freshwater stingrays in California due to so many different species being released. Those people shouldn't be keeping fish, or any animal in general. Period.

ichthusfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
southkorea,seoul/Texas
And yet people do it all the time....its a shame that gator gars are one of the cheapest fish here....they can survive our winters and eats all the local fish...and cases of releasing non native fish such as oscars, gars, plecos, and even snapping turtles (although not fish) are becoming much more abundant now

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
Yup, thanks to these idiots releasing their fish into the wild, I can't keep freshwater stingrays in California due to so many different species being released. Those people shouldn't be keeping fish, or any animal in general. Period.
are there really invasive rays in cali?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I've never seen any actual captures or reports of SA rays in Cali. They were banned due to the potential threat they're thought of as a risk against native species and/or the environment.

Heuk21

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2009
Appleton, WI
I freeze my fish and throw them in the trash. Bringing them to the pet shop is a good idea until some idiots buy them and end up releasing them in the wild.

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
Freezing really isn't a humane method of killing fish, especially larger ones. A sharp blow (or sharp object) to the brain is much more humane, and clove oil is a slower but equally humane option. Euthanization is best reserved for a last resort, anyway.

We can't keep piranha in Texas because of the very real possibility of them becoming established. If someone ever dumped a group of the little chompers, they'd probably end up breeding.

DaniiloC

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
What else you guys have in Florida ? I've been following some Anglers, and they are catching Clown knives, Monoculus P. Bass, Channa marulius (bullseye sh) and even a SIlver Arowana ...

What are the natural fresh water predators in Florida ??

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Everyone know that you are not to release fish into the wild. You can talk until you are blue in the face. But some just don't care.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
What else you guys have in Florida ? I've been following some Anglers, and they are catching Clown knives, Monoculus P. Bass, Channa marulius (bullseye sh) and even a SIlver Arowana ...

What are the natural fresh water predators in Florida ??
Florida has a long list of nonnative fish species and they would have some new species added to the list every year. They have found few flowerhorns and a new unidentified pleco species.

As for the native predators, its usually largemouth bass, bullheads, gars, warmouth and few saltwater predators such as tarpons and red bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store