Maryland
haha, nice fish man:thumbsup:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Tell us about the life of the tank, fish sizes, interaction, etc., if you will.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Tell us about the life of the tank, fish sizes, interaction, etc., if you will.
This is a different batch than of my 2 footers. Those beasts are with my alligator gar, pacu and channa micros:))) Got them sept-october at around 2-4" :)

The leerii grew way faster than my big one at this stage:) he's currently 15" now. The paroons are 7-8" and the attu is 10":)

This batch is the "experiment" i was talking aboutnin a thread a few months ago. With very low light and 29 temp:) no ripped fins except for one time when my attu got bit by the leerii.

It's a 100 gal grow out:) they get fed once a day with a few ounces of sardinella and baby shrimp:) from time to time, the paroons get pellets. When my main tank get feeders, they get around 10 small carps once a week.

The attu stays at the bottom while the the paroons roam. The leerii goes wherever he wants:)) i think leeriis are actually pretty smart because they know exactly where to go when its feeding time:)

I have no idea how to sex these fish but i went noah a few months back and decided i want a pair of the wallagos with the paroons:))

I think leerii become more territorial at a much bigger size (arapaimag's) because mine haven't been aggressive at all but my big one has been holding his own with micros and spatulas:/

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Re the paroons, i just wanna prove to myself that i can grow them from fingerlings:) a lot of paroons i've seen have been stunted and believe or not its only my 3rd time keeping paroons. And the first time as a group:) the first two fell victim to my micropeltes:(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thanks for the info. Yeah, my 2' leerii was not aggressive either, except when it came to its clay pot he called home.

I've checked PCF, ScotCat, and FishBase. Only PCF has the info and it appears that experience is needed or several specimen for a direct sexual comparison of the papilla (unless I am reading it wrong and the females don't have it altogether ... but the way it is written, one'd think females' ones are less slender): http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=698 Sexing: Males have a more slender genital papilla immediately in front of anus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store