Mini Marbles? Are there any still out there?

Zooaqua

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Brazil
Gorgeous!!!
Could you tell us more about falkneri?
Is there anything wrong about them?
Would you please us with some pictures?
By the way, congratulations for your fishes!
Thank's!
Alexandre

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
for reference what is the footprint of a 180 ? im in the uk it gets confusing for me for the american, uk conversion then imperial to metric and god knows what else !

the marbles are awesome db ! you should be posting more of them but i get why you dont and its unfair that you get completely different responses compared with others suggesting the same.

loving the one at the front in the last pic but they are all stunning !

brutonsbrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2010
hampton
Just posted thread about pups fathered 10/5 father is 12-13 inches I have owned over 2 years got at 9-10 i don't see him growing much more so I think he is mini mom is much larger like 18" wait to see if pups stay mini. Also keep praying he breeds with my hystrix she is only a hair smaller than him

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
for reference what is the footprint of a 180 ? im in the uk it gets confusing for me for the american, uk conversion then imperial to metric and god knows what else !

the marbles are awesome db ! you should be posting more of them but i get why you dont and its unfair that you get completely different responses compared with others suggesting the same.

loving the one at the front in the last pic but they are all stunning !
The footprint of a 180 is 6 feet x 2 feet.

My thing with the whole mini being real or not thing is that there are naturally size variation between all animals just look around, cows people, whales, buffalo it doesn't matter there is natural variation. I also know that genetically speaking smaller animals will have smaller offspring that's why when you are tall as a little kid people are always like "oh you're pretty tall, are your parents tall as well?". So it would lead to say that when you match up two small stingrays they are going to have small offspring. I don't believe at all that you are stunting these rays? I simply think that you have found genetically smaller marbles that are producing genetically smaller offspring! So more power to you man! You have my support all the way, not as though I am really a somebody in real life or on these forums, but as the insignificant person that I am you have my support! I would love to own one some day and hopefully I get that opportunity! Thanks db for sharing! I think that there are a lot of us who appreciate what you are doing, as long as its natural and they aren't being stunted (not saying that I think that they are but if they were). I hate to see you feel put down by others for something that can be as simple as natural variation. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say share on dude share on! I personally love to see what you have to offer! Thankyou again db!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
That pup in the front has a great pattern
IF its the ray I'm thinking it is- that "pup" is the father of the first 3, and of the 2 that are holding. ;) Can catch a glimpse of a clasper in the last pic. Same ray as my avatar.

Larry is only 8" but has 3 pups here already. :)

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
IF its the ray I'm thinking it is- that "pup" is the father of the first 3, and of the 2 that are holding. ;) Can catch a glimpse of a clasper in the last pic. Same ray as my avatar.

Larry's pattern makes it almost seem like he has some Pearl genes in him. Beautiful Rays man.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Agree, they almost look Pearl.
Wicked little rays mate, keep up the good work. Don't agree or was awre of any drama concerning your rays. I must be living under a stone!
Don't listen to others, carry on doing what makes you happy bud.
Larry's pattern makes it almost seem like he has some Pearl genes in him. Beautiful Rays man.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO

You had mentioned the population was on the rise so I thought the last couple pics were pups you have had. My old male marble from Todd used to get the comment about having pearl in him as well. Any relation to Larry?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
You had mentioned the population was on the rise so I thought the last couple pics were pups you have had. My old male marble from Todd used to get the comment about having pearl in him as well. Any relation to Larry?
Nope. Larry is wild caught. The rays I posted pics of are ALL wild caught except for one that is in the 180 - that is a captive bred imported from Mr. Huveneers (sp)

I can post pics of the pups if anyone would like to see them...... I think I've posted pics of "Orange Julius Cesar" Larry's firstborn pup.

The reason Larry looks "pearlish" is cause of scarring. Where the females rub him raw with their tails is where the 5 star pattern came from. He doesn't have these markings prior to becoming a breeder.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Db do you ever sell any of your pups? I think it would be really cool to have one if it was even possible? How many mini pups do you have? I would love to see pics of the mini off spring that you have!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store