Predator ick immunity?

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
The easiest way to PREVENT ICK is too have clean water w/ little nitrates (5-20) no nitrites and NO AMMONIA!!

IMHO dirty water is the biggest stress to fish they can have, its like US having dirty air and suffocating!!

Once u test and figure out ur nitrate peak (bio load capacity) you can see how many times per week to change. That way ur nitrates will barely fluctuate and ur fish will grow faster and have better immune system properties!!!

#1 S. Vettel
Even with clean water, 0 nit, 0 amo, good ph I still have to worry about the feeders I buy transferring icks to my tank.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Even with clean water, 0 nit, 0 amo, good ph I still have to worry about the feeders I buy transferring icks to my tank.
Its not even ick, id be more worried about worms and other parasites but i dont feed my p's crap golds and rosys

#1 S. Vettel

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Its not even ick, id be more worried about worms and other parasites but i dont feed my p's crap golds and rosys

#1 S. Vettel
Funny you said worn, I found a worn in the ATFs tank and though it was a normal black worm. I scoop it out and notice it was curl up and stiff 75% of the body was pink the head was clear to white color. I don't know if it came out of the ATF or the feeders it seem to be very long. Any clue what it is?

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
parasites freak me out. especially the bug that attaches to the fish's mouth and replaces the tongue. and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc971vWUmbQ

as for ich, my payara just caught ich for the 3rd time, while i was on vacation. you'd think it'd be immune to it by now haha. didn't use salt, just bumped up the temperatures and the ich went away, no sweat. some should realize they shouldn't immediately run to the store and grab meds. temperature is the key.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
parasites freak me out. especially the bug that attaches to the fish's mouth and replaces the tongue. and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc971vWUmbQ

as for ich, my payara just caught ich for the 3rd time, while i was on vacation. you'd think it'd be immune to it by now haha. didn't use salt, just bumped up the temperatures and the ich went away, no sweat. some should realize they shouldn't immediately run to the store and grab meds. temperature is the key.
If it was on vacay ur water likely went south with nitrates or ammonia. Before i go on a trip i do a lg water change and vac. Its all about knowing when ur tank/stock reaches its bio load. Testing is the only way to know and changing water is the only way to rid unless u have alot of healthy plants that consume nitrates.

As for the mistery worm id say keep ur tank clean.

#1 S. Vettel

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
If it was on vacay ur water likely went south with nitrates or ammonia. Before i go on a trip i do a lg water change and vac. Its all about knowing when ur tank/stock reaches its bio load. Testing is the only way to know and changing water is the only way to rid unless u have alot of healthy plants that consume nitrates.

As for the mistery worm id say keep ur tank clean.

#1 S. Vettel
I would have java ferns and anubias in my tank to soak up some of the ammonia. Don't plants throw the ph off when trying to test the water.

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
@ Rotary p04s

where did you get that information? I just started looking into a planted aquarium. Not that I worry about pH too often (I barely do because the tap water is consistently around 7 and nitrates are less than 10 ppm), I don't understand how adding plants would affect how basic or acid the water is

EvilTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
Earth iz di vord.

Yeah, or like this one: cymothoa-exigua16.jpg

cymothoa-exigua16.jpg

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
@ Rotary p04s

where did you get that information? I just started looking into a planted aquarium. Not that I worry about pH too often (I barely do because the tap water is consistently around 7 and nitrates are less than 10 ppm), I don't understand how adding plants would affect how basic or acid the water is
A friend of mine who own a LFS over 30 years, still in business. Water test is not accurate with planted tanks. Let get the truth on this ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store