Lap missing an eye

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Could be anyone in there! Personally I don't trust giant gouramis. My former client had one that grew to 2" and wouldn't tolerate anyone. He even killed a big giraffe cat!

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
i think it has to be the BGK. I see him attack the bichirs all the time when they get too close to his cave. i have just never seen any damage, and the bichirs always back off. Just now i was watching the tank and of my endlis was repeatedly bitten on the head right near his eyes.

Anyone want a BGK?

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
I have a Lap of the same size and it happened to mine the exact same way a few months ago. He didnt even notice, hasn't missed a beat. I have a large BGK in my tank as well but i believe a large green severum was the guilty party in my case, he as since left the tank.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
i think it has to be the BGK. I see him attack the bichirs all the time when they get too close to his cave. i have just never seen any damage, and the bichirs always back off. Just now i was watching the tank and of my endlis was repeatedly bitten on the head right near his eyes.

Anyone want a BGK?
Lmao good decision haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
I would rule out the BGK, they have incredibly large mouths, and arent capable of eating an eyeball so cleanly, i would suspect the GG.

When i had my BGK it did the same thing and nothing was allowed by its cave but all it does it nip a little bit around the back of the body. Im really doubting it being the BGK they are usually known for eating prey whole, not ripping out parts of bodies and especially as clean as it happened.

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
I would rule out the BGK, they have incredibly large mouths, and arent capable of eating an eyeball so cleanly, i would suspect the GG.

When i had my BGK it did the same thing and nothing was allowed by its cave but all it does it nip a little bit around the back of the body. Im really doubting it being the BGK they are usually known for eating prey whole, not ripping out parts of bodies and especially as clean as it happened.
google it. Its one of the most searched for things after you type in black ghost knife and there are even posts on MFK talking about BGKs eating the eyes of tank mates. I'm not saying thats what happened here but it seems like it would be hard for the gourami to target the bichirs eye like that. the BGK's mouth looks it could pull an eye out. IDK. hopefully this is just one of those one off things that doesnt repeat itself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store