Id please.. (Disclaimer: might spark a debate)

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
The fins look black to me.

The description for MGC explicitly states that their fins are never black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Hi dude,

Heres my point of reference..

Ones from planet carfish, the other from singapore's river safari..

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1413296325.753678.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1413296433.068621.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
It looks similar to the ID shark image from planet catfish.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Hi dude,

Heres my point of reference..

Ones from planet carfish, the other from singapore's river safari..

View attachment 1042184View attachment 1042185

That guy looks more of a dark grey to me. Look at the fins on both. That fish's fins are a uniform dark grey, the fins on the fish you posted, particularly the anal and caudal fins, are black with a silver lining. If those fish were a mgc, they wouldn't have the black.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
That guy looks more of a dark grey to me. Look at the fins on both. That fish's fins are a uniform dark grey, the fins on the fish you posted, particularly the anal and caudal fins, are black with a silver lining. If those fish were a mgc, they wouldn't have the black.
:((((((( turning for the worsttttt. But yeah, mistakes are to be expected when on the hunt fore such fish:(

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
:((((((( turning for the worsttttt. But yeah, mistakes are to be expected when on the hunt fore such fish:(

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I don't see how this is such a bad thing. Even though its an ids and not a MGC, it is still a very rare fish: it is a healthy, non-stunted ids. They're damn near as rare in the hobby as a MGC.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
I don't see how this is such a bad thing. Even though its an ids and not a MGC, it is still a very rare fish: it is a healthy, non-stunted ids. They're damn near as rare in the hobby as a MGC.

I agree man. Maybe its the collector inside me that wants the mgc so bad. I was talking to cliff a few months back on the possibility of actually farming and breeding the gigas. My dad is actually venturing to aquaculture and he agreed to lease to me parcels of the land.

I hit up wes and unfortunately, the most we see are probably hybrids as the real giants are close to extinction. I believe the depth of the enclosure has as much to do as the actual area ad to what i've heard abt jumbo kois.

Just a theory, if this guy grows well in the pond then i might be on to somethingn:D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member