Rope Fish keepers?

Devzev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2014
nyc/nj
Ive have them with Australian rainbows. They are cheap and pretty hardy. And they are schoolers. i also had small clown loaches and bala sharks without any issue with the ropes

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
HAs anybody tried Gars with ropes? Gar seem to like the upper region of the tank, and still eat live foods. Will the ropes and gar conflict?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
gar and ropes should get along fine. I see no issues with that pairing.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
HAs anybody tried Gars with ropes? Gar seem to like the upper region of the tank, and still eat live foods. Will the ropes and gar conflict?
Yup doing it right now.
See/search some of my posts.

Won't get ropes again though to much like baby sitting the way they get out.

Rich

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Can they swim up the return nozzle with hard current? That's the only possible escape. my tank is tight no holes bigger than 1/8th"

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Mine has duct tape anywhere where they could get out.

no they won't swim up the out flow or unless the filter is off.

I've had one get out 2x once before the duct tape and once after a WC due to not sealing the tape all the way.

They like to swim up into the HOB filters. so when I can't find one I tap on he HOB's and it will swim back out.

Rich

ETA: They can shoot out of the water pretty far. My tank is 27 inches H and yesterday I has about 80 90 % of the water out during a WC and one shot right up to the top rim almost making it out. tank had about 4 inches of water on the bottom still.

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
No way for them to get into the draw side of the filter, I built a cover pipe with a million 1/8th holes that fits snug top and bottom inside the tank. The glass cover seals tight to the top of the pipe. My heater power cord and air lines are fed through holes in the pipe as well so no open areas are available for escape. Even the flip open parts of the all glass lid are heavy too...

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Added Blind Cave Fish today. They are mellow with others, grow to 3.5", very water condition tolerant (PH, temp, etc...) and have no eyes...

Pretty cool to watch, they swim about and through the rocks without bumping into anything. They navigate using the sounds in the tank and forage by smell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store