MMA News and Notes

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
tomorrow is the anticipated rematch between aldo and mendes.

i'm trying to see if my cousins wanna chip in for the ppv. if not i'll be streaming it

gonna be interesting to see what will happen after that fight because conor McGregor will be front row and he may step into the cage to challenge the winner next

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Friday night bellators are live

he fought early last month, so him fighting again tonight is normal timing. a lot of fighters fight this soon if they come out of a fight uninjured.

I believe there is a title fight too
I don't think I have ever seen him fight and I forgot to DVR this show.There seems to be quite a bit of hype surrounding Connor and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
he's not that great. he's just a star from wwe and that brings fans over to mma

if you survive his original onslaught he tires eventually. at that point one just needs to defend his take downs. easier said than done of course but guys with good cardio and good take down defense are a horrible matchup for him

I am loving the conor hype. the dude's great for the sport. some hate him, some love him. but I want him to succeed because mma needs that type of personality right now. he's proven he can talk with the best of em. he proved he can finish lower level fighters. he just finished his first top ten opponent.

I actually take back what I said about him getting the winner of tomorrow's main event. he is already slated to face Denis Siver. a veteran and seasoned striker but a great matchup for conor to continue building the hype.

he has yet to face an elite wrestler of that division as well as a top striker so we will see soon enough if the hype is real. I loved that he predicted he'd finish in the first round and go out and actually do it. when he predicted that against his last opponent people were calling him cocky as hell since that guy was known for being able to take punishment and keep up a mean pace for all 3 rounds. sure enough it took him little over two min to tko the guy.

"i don't just pick fights, I pick the rounds!"

I love it

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Now that's an original quote.I like it.It's better than Cro Cop's line..." Left kick,hospital,right kick,cemetery".

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
here is a twitter exchange between ben askren and conor McGregor. askren is an undefeated wrestler who was bellator's champ and left, tried to sign with ufc but I think he wanted more money than they were willing to pay and he's been very outspoken about his butthurt toward the ufc and dana white. he takes every opportunity to troll and jab the ufc/dana. though a lot of the things he says is correct, he should shut up if he ever does wanna be a ufc fighter.

Ben Askren ‏@Benaskren
Giving @TheNotoriousMMA another easy tune up match against another non wrestler is a really smart move by the UFC!

Conor McGregor
‏@TheNotoriousMMA
@Benaskren Hey pube head. I'm the No.1 contender. I could sit and wait. But multi 6 figure cheques feel so nice in my bank. You wouldnt know
lol, you wouldn't know. ouch

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
imagine this guy's monologue if he should ever become champ,..........

[video=youtube;lOOMl3A0J5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOOMl3A0J5s[/video]

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Now that's an original quote.I like it.It's better than Cro Cop's line..." Left kick,hospital,right kick,cemetery".
cro cop actually took that line from a boxer. I don't know the name off the top of my head but it was a boxer that said left hook hospital, right hook cemetery. he either says "hook" or "hand"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn,I had no idea that a boxer used that line previously...totally don't recall it.Anyhow thanks for the clips and that's some suit that Conor was wearing lol.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Isn't it the other way around? I believe it's a reference to liver strikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store