Motaguensis compared to Loiselle

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I've never kept RTMs but I saw a 7" female get really aggressive w/ some much larger CAs like a RD at a LFS.
My loisellie male is not that aggressive. He only chases but never seems to harm. My larger syn used to be the dominate fish in the tank, but isn't anymore.
Both beautiful fish sp. I chose loisellie because I love the yellow and they are less aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I honestly think it is different for every fish ! I have two loisellie's and they are the most aggressive for their size ... Especially the female !

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
In a tank without tankmates this is a regular occurrence.

Very aggressive IMO and even worse when spawning. But, one of my fav species to keep

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409698786.445991.jpg

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
I'm currently growing out a rtm. Got him/her about 3 months ago. Was about 1" all alone in a 10 gallon. Moved him/her to a 55 with red hump geo, Robertsoni and 2 bandit Cichlids. Let's just say the rtm in those 3 months killed 3 out of the 4 and he/she is only 3". The only fish I saved was my red hump geo. All the others eyes and some of they're middle body were eaten out by my rtm. So now he's there with some filament barbs for dithers. He/she is pretty aggressive but not fast enough to catch my filament barbs. Just wondering what's going to happen when my rtm gets bigger. I have a 240 but that tank is pretty mellow besides my salvini and electric blue umbee.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crash83

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
Houston,Tx
I've kept all of them.
And the RTM was the most aggressive by far...then Dovii[but only had one that was super aggressive but only toward another Dovii male]
Then Jaguars and the rest.
I currently have 7 Jaguars that im growing out in my 180 with my Red Devil pair and they are not aggressive at all.
Size range from 7-13"..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store