Regreting this Fish!!!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I don't have access to live black worms or frozen black worms in will just try to continue with the frozen bloodworms if he continues to eat them I will be happy

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Ok guys he is eating bloodworms however I must have all the lights off and my room blacked out and I have to leave before he will eat I have dark blinds and curtains in my room and all the lights off if I lay on the floor and look up into the tank I can see him eating that's how I know he is eating so all is well for now.... Later I may have a very hard time getting him off of bloodworms but he will be on a bloodworm diet until he gets about 8 inches

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Ok guys he is eating bloodworms however I must have all the lights off and my room blacked out and I have to leave before he will eat I have dark blinds and curtains in my room and all the lights off if I lay on the floor and look up into the tank I can see him eating that's how I know he is eating so all is well for now.... Later I may have a very hard time getting him off of bloodworms but he will be on a bloodworm diet until he gets about 8 inches

Yep exactly what I had to do lol

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
dont worry, all little aro like that sometimes, all spooky n skittish , just give it times to adapt, and you wont regret keeping it

around 5-6" , you can start to give pellets or frozen shrimp/prawn cut into smaller pieces

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I always kept giant danios with my smaller arowanas. They seem to help them feel more comfortable. They swim where the aro wants to swim and this lets him know it's okay. Go spend $10 on a half dozen or so and I think you'll be happily surprised.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
IMO id leave the feeders in there and wait it out. fish will eat when they are hungry. it could take awhile for it to adjust. I have a silver aro and it didn't eat for a week when I first got em. I was worried as well but its doing just fine now and eats ALOT! enjoy this time where you don't have to feed as much. it will come around.
+1:)

Joshh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2014
Devon
Do you have any floating plants in the tank for him to hide amongst? My oar was a little funny untill somebody on here said this to me, now I've got plants in there it's a total different fish.

also, my aro will not take food from the surface if it floats, he will only eat if it slowly sinks, he is 4-5 inches now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store