Intermedia on there way???

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
That's kind of weak but it is what it is I guess,I just don't see the point in putting a fish on a stock list and leaving out its price,as you and I have already discussed.I hope you guys who want them can get get them whenever they arrive.
I agree with you Krich. The vendors selling p14 and bd post a price, so why not post the price on these rare cichla? IMO it would make it much easier on all. There wouldn't be all these price guessing games and questions left un answered. Post a price! You can either afford it or you cant. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Kritch I get your point also ...But doesn;t it make it more fun exiting whatever if some can get a species have it possably breed it and only a few have it ???? at this level of fishkeeping some want what others cannot same with cars houses whatever personally I think it's a good thing if we cannot be dreamers what do we have ??? if its easy to get then whats the point ....Its healthy for the hobby !!!!!!
Well said!!!!! The Game!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
have you ever heard of the term if you have to ask then you probably can't afford it? Well, this may be the case. With everything its supply and demand. The fish out of the river is free, does not cost 400 or 600. Its free!

You guys have managed to troll me into the thread. There are many things in this world that are sold and the price is not disclosed. There are silent auctions, bids and offers as well.

I'm not obligated to post a price on my buy/sell forum as I pay to advertise here, at the same time I can chose not to advertise here. All the people who have emailed me, I wrote back a nice courteous email explaining the current situation with this fish.

Oliver has them listed on his price list but no price either, he told people probably in the 600 dollar range fish, however, he did not bring any in or sell any. The reason we're all guarded on the prices is due to the uncertainty of this fish. We don't know how many more will be available either, it could be 4 it could be 100. If I sold them for 50 dollar profit, and to find out they will no longer be available, I'd be pissed, wouldn't you?

but if I made 300 dollars on a fish and then find hundreds in a month, you guys would probably be pissed. As for prices being high or prices being low., I don't see the stingray keepers, complaining about a wild or captive bred black diamond being expensive at 1000-2000 each, right? And how many black diamond rays are in the US or in the hobby? Probably in the tens of thousands right? How many cichla intermedia do you know of alive in the US right now??? For all the people who seem so confused and perplexed, answer this last question.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Nobody said the fish was over priced. With the amount of intermedia available all over the world, let alone the US makes this fish a high priced commodity. It is the rarest of the rare. Therefore its price can be determined by the seller. Its damn near priceless. But once again. You can either afford it or you can not. So i dont see a problem putting a price tag on the fish so that the potential buyers dont have to wonder a price.

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Theres only one reason why i believe a price isn't listed. "Silent bidding" and or diffrent prices for different ppl etc. Which in any case, whatevs lol just saying.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Theres only one reason why i believe a price isn't listed. "Silent bidding" and or diffrent prices for different ppl etc. Which in any case, whatevs lol just saying.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I was gonba mention the diff price according to diff buyers thing. Kinda like when u walk into stores and they have the same system. Gotta have a base price to make it fair to all IMO.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I have been wondering since I was a kid why a dog chase after a bicycle or a car, when it can't ride or drive. Seriously, if Intermedia is on your bucket list, it can be as simple as contact the vendor who has them for sale, inquire the price, make an offer, purchase the fish. Or else, just sit and wait until Intermedia will be in abundance in 2015, just as Oliver said, but then that might not mean anything, since Oliver doesn't have any Intermedia for sale as we speak...

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Ok., so the MSRP is $1500.00 based on the last one sold. Please serious inquiries email me at amazonaq@gmail.com No joy rides, On pre-approved credits only.

In all seriousness:

1. I'm the one that took the risk on importing them. I'm the one that took the hit on importing last year that turned out to be Xingu's, and I bought back the fish from the buyer. Are any of you willing to take the risk to do it? Even if you were, where do you send the money to, will you be able to get the fish?

2. I've simply listed something that I've imported. I did not force any of you to buy it, all the people questioning my business practice especially. I don't see you guys commenting on all the exotic cars that come in without a price tag. Go walk into a Jewelry store, all the high end items have no price on it, or the price not the actual price.

3. Plus you guys make such a big deal out of everything I sell here. Its only a fish and not in the multi thousand dollar range like a nice stingray would cost. Oh and I'm the first one that brought in the Xingu from Michael Bottner, first wild ones from him twice, then the F1.

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 12.32.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 12.32.32 PM.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store