MMA News and Notes

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
btw, nick diaz just renegotiated a 2 or 3 fight deal.

there's a lot of buzz right now that he will fight Anderson. that would be a fight that would do good numbers.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
That's a fight I'd enjoy watching. It's always entertaining to see Nick get whooped on.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So is Brown out of the fight or not? I agree with it being always good to see Daiz get whooped on.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I heard that Brown didn't have to surrender any of his purse despite missing weight. Does anyone know what happened there?

SPOILERS

Brown vs Lawler was an awesome fight. I think Lawler could have finished Brown, if Brown didn't fake the groin shot.
Poor Lil Nog. I knew he was probably getting KO'd in the first, but I thought he'd last a few minutes. Those uppercuts were insane. Given how good his wrestling looked against Davis, I would really like to see him against Cormier and Jones. A number 1 contender fight with Gustafsson would be good too.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes it was and although I was rooting for Lawler I really thought that Brown was going to come away with the the w.Brown seemed to sense that he was behind and step it up in the later rounds but Robbie managed to stay ahead.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I heard that Brown didn't have to surrender any of his purse despite missing weight. Does anyone know what happened there?

SPOILERS

Brown vs Lawler was an awesome fight. I think Lawler could have finished Brown, if Brown didn't fake the groin shot.
Poor Lil Nog. I knew he was probably getting KO'd in the first, but I thought he'd last a few minutes. Those uppercuts were insane. Given how good his wrestling looked against Davis, I would really like to see him against Cormier and Jones. A number 1 contender fight with Gustafsson would be good too.

as we know, everyone is entitled to a second attempt at weighing in at the contracted weight limit but apparently there was a miscommunication with brown's missing weight and he was not given that second attempt. so the athletic commission chose not to fine him and the ufc chose not to disqualify him of any possible bonuses. and had he won he would've got the next title shot. but it's all moot at this point since he lost.

he won fight of the night bonus with lawler though.

anyways, it was a good card. great main event, great fights, quite a few of the fighters really shined. Denis the menace's complete shut out of guida's offence and takedowns was a big surprise to me. he stuffed every takedown attempt (there may have been one take down but Bermudez got up real quick) and controlled the whole fight up to the finish. rumble's complete annihilation of lil nog was awesome and scary to watch. he filled that cage with devastating uppercuts like lil nog owed him money. I sensed a ko going into the fight but thinking it and seeing it is different. that was brutal. there was a couple of good finishes too on the prelims.

bellator's event on Friday was good too. a lot of finishes.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Strange that they messed that up.
It sounds like people want Glover vs Rumble. It's not a bad fight, but I think AJ takes it pretty easily. I'd rather see him vs Gus

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
btw, nick diaz just renegotiated a 2 or 3 fight deal.

there's a lot of buzz right now that he will fight Anderson. that would be a fight that would do good numbers.
It looks like it's a done deal now. They're fighting in January next year. Diaz doesn't check leg kicks, so it should be a good comeback fight for Ando.

Joe Riggs just got resigned with the UFC and had a fight lined up, but he shot himself in the leg. You don't clean a gun while it's loaded; that's day one stuff. It could have been worse though.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Joe Riggs just got resigned with the UFC and had a fight lined up, but he shot himself in the leg. You don't clean a gun while it's loaded; that's day one stuff. It could have been worse though.
Shades of Plaxico Burres.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store