lightning trout

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I seen a few of these in person and they were spectacular. I wouldn't mind having a tank full of them. Be cool in that guys tank who has all the albinos
Andrian-Pintor-3-lightning-trout-.jpgBIG-LIGHTNING-STOCKING-4-18-13-704x214.jpg

Andrian-Pintor-3-lightning-trout-.jpg

BIG-LIGHTNING-STOCKING-4-18-13-704x214.jpg

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I would love to have a trout tank, if they weren't so hard to keep.
Agreed... I have always wanted a huge tank dedicated to rainbow trout!

Does anyone on here have a trout tank?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Never heard them called lightning trout before. Around me they're referred to as Palominos or Golden Rainbows because they are a genetic mutation of Rainbow Trout. I plan on setting up a high tech trout tank with powerheads, powerful filtration, a chiller, etc someday when I have the money to.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Never heard them called lightning trout before. Around me they're referred to as Palominos or Golden Rainbows because they are a genetic mutation of Rainbow Trout. I plan on setting up a high tech trout tank with powerheads, powerful filtration, a chiller, etc someday when I have the money to.
I remember few years ago a guy in my area had a setup where there were 3 trout ponds that connected to 6 10ft basements in his garage and during spawning the trout would go into the tank to spawn then later go back to the ponds. After he closed down the system he was giving away the 10'x4'x30" tanks for free

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
They are just the xanhic morph of rainbow trout, called a variety of names to get attention

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I've got a few rainbows that are going into a private pond in a tank. They're all in the 3-6 inch range and are pretty cool during feeding time but other than that they just swim in place.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
That is freaking awesome. How did he even come up with that...
He was working in the fields throughout Ontario doing stocking and studying of rainbows and their spawning habitats so for his own ponds he decided to replicate it. It was a very cool setup as the rainbows would only spawn in the tanks as that is where they were bred so they followed the natural breeding habits.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store